Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 08-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Dan - he was blasting at that hog, and I thought it was already dead. Then, I realized what was going on andshut down the camera so I could hurry up and get on MY gun and shoot the damn thing, before he scared it away.

I just picked up a 58" tripod for $12 on clearance at Radio Shack, so now I will be able to hold steady. It's pretty ghetto, but it will work. Expect better zoom clarity and a steadier picture next time.

Al - good luck on the bear hunt,buddy! That would be pretty sweet to lay one out with the recurve. Better hide close to the bait (especially if you shoot recurve like I do). LOL

Keep the video and photography work coming guys. I'm getting buck fever in a major way - although things are kinda different this year. I'm spending all this time scouting my areas close to home, and I think I'll be spending every weekend hunting over in Ohio. It's just too far away to drive out there just to scout and glass for a few hours. Almost 2 hrs from my door. One day in the next couple weekends - I'm heading west for sure. I've gottaput someglowtack lines in, check the mast, and mark some areas on the gps.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I'm going out this weekend to buy a camcorder I did some research and came up with this 1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170243833 090&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

I 'm going to go check it out at best buy. I'll let you guy's know I hope to get a buck kill on film this year. My neighbor should send me some pics this weekend I'll post them when I get them.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I went out and bought that camera. I'll give a go this weekend yet. My neighbor called we had 600 pics at the origanal food plot. Nothing new. I set up a camera on a mineral lick 37 pics all does and fawns. I'm going to set up over by the bedding area next. Less pictures but I might find a differant buck.

Fran I was just giving some crap It look like you jumped when he shot.Like a Flinch. I hope my daughter wants to go out and video some deer Sunday night.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice cam! I dont think i have gotten 600 pics in my whole trail cam career LOL. I must be doign something wrong...

Anyways, i live right by letchworth state park in New York, for anyone who knows where that is. The south end does not allow hunting so therefore there are some hellacious bucks chillin there. So me and my buddy decided to go video them last night. Im working on the video right now, i'll have it posted later tonight when im all done.

Edit: Well im getting too lazy to finish the video tonight, so for now i'll throw up a pic off of the video, hes the nicest of all the ones we seen.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Damn Al I would have had to clean myself up after seeing a buck like that.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

Damn Al I would have had to clean myself up after seeing a buck like that.
Oh i know. I used to have permission to hunt less than a mile away from there but the problem is once the rut comes they have so many does down in the park that they never leave, there were about 40 other deer in this same field. This place has a serious over population problem. I would die to be able to bowhunt down there, but in NY, that will never happen.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tonight, I think I'm going spotting for a few hours. With any luck, I'll get some solid footage for your collective enjoyment. Unfortunately, I'm sitting for the Ethics portion of the Bar Exam on Friday, so I won't have time to edit the video until later this weekend. Studying . . . ugh . . .

So Dan, did you test out that camera yet in the bedroom? I've found out that if you zoom in on certain "small objects," they appear to be larger on video. Also, if you have a big TV, it blows it up to monster-size. You know... Just saying. LMAO Just make sure you don't accidentally post the wrong video on youtube.

Al - get that video posted! Hurry up dammit! That buck is a hammer.

So when does everyone's season begin?

Ohio starts for me on 9/27, and PA begins on 10/4. Hard to believe that we're less than 2 months away from teeing off.

In other news: I picked a pile of ginseng this weekend - probably justenough to pay for all my OH non-resident tags. My legs are still stiff, the soles of my feet are sore,and I've got dirt ground into all my fingers. I think I covered about 10-15 miles in 2 days.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fran I need the wide angle IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Are you talking from experiance? I'll give it a try this weekend it's my anniversary so I might leave it on the night stand at the hotel.10 to 15 miles I don't even do that shed hunting.Ethics Exam sounds like sexuall harassment training either you know or you don't. Or in my case I'm just that good at it.

I haven't been able to video any fields around my house just been to busy with work.My season opens September13th I can't wait. Pulled out the bow on Sunday it felt gooood. I have to get the crew that I hunt with up north for 1 last weekend of work. 1 of my food plots is gone they ate almost everything out of it. 2 acres of food gone. I'll think I'm going to plant a mixture of oats and turnips there for winter. The other spots I think I'm just going with oats.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season opens Sept. 27th. Probably won't be able to do as much early season hunting this year with the due date being Sep. 28.... But I expect to hit the rut really hard!!!

Can't wait to get out and see what I have on my trail cams... Probably going to wait another 10 days or so before going out...

Also need to get out there and start shooting my bow - haven't shot since spring turkey season...
Old 08-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought I would test this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aFAYPOkNSk

Cool it worked

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.