Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 08-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Those are some MAGNUM deer, fellas. Makes me wanna pack it up and move... LOL Keep those pictures coming.

"The Dark Horses" - has a ring to it - just kinda came to me when I was mulling over the whole "sleeper" theme. I couldn't think of anything catchy that rhymes with the word Sleeper. Jeepers Sleepers. Mechanics Creepers. Leapers. Beepers. I gave up.

Did a logo too. Looks like something from the cover of an Edgar Allan Poe book. A little creepy, but still pretty cool. Not quite as entertaining as a pink bunny with a bloody deer skull, but...

Old 08-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats up Quick good luck this season .... keep in touch... we should set up a XX thread to better keep in touch. I have only seen 4 of us on here from last year so far.....hhhhuuuummmmm.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I think a few of the guys are sitting it out after they found out that we couldn't stay together again. Kinda sucks.

I'm thinking a teamxx thread is in order. It's driving me nuts trying to carry on 10 different discussions at one time. Need to consolidate.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I'd like to that.. maybe do a Past champs thread..were the old champs can keep in touch easier....A lot of good friendships are kindled up from those two year runs... I think thats a reasonable solution..

Fran, I like the "dark horse" .... nice
Old 08-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

16 point awesome deer!! Our team is looking pretty good.
Last year we had this buck I swear had 9 lives 1st the neighbor wife had him at 15 yards and couldn't turn. 2 one of my employee's shot him but hit him low in the front leg. 3 opening day of gun my dad had him at 20 yards and his gun jammed. 4 last day of gun season I saw him at the last second after he walked right past my atv through 70 yards of open timber. I thought he was a squirrel.
We have not seen him since las February until today. Here is is pic.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Spike

Wow, some of these posts are showing really nice deer. The places I hunt justdon'tseem to produce really mature bucks. Hopefully I can jinx myself into some real success by saying: I hope I get a really small one.

I'm not captain material and so whoever wants to be captain is fine with me.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey 16 pt - where in PA are you at?
Old 08-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys, you have a buck dropper in ole Fran. He's automatic, and he likes to ruin his cams by shooting his stand[8D]. J/K buddy, I owed you one for the half rack thread.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the dark horse better than sleepers but I don't see the connection.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oooohh.. Quick I dig the Dark Horses as a team name.

Gentlemen thoses are some dandy whitetails you have all shot and some great trail-cam pics. as well. This is going to be a fun year. I apologize for not being on the site as often as I usually am. I am moving to a new home in about 5 weeks so I currently have no internet at home.. otherwise I'd be here as often as anyone else.

As far as captain... whoever wants the role. If you really want it Gobbler you can have my vote as well.

Who I am- my name is Mike Willand and I've been a on/off contributor with HNI since the beggining in 1995. I currently have a field journal, but with my recent marriage to a school teacher I haven't been around the comp. much to update it. I co-own two companies with my brother in the construction fields and am 27 years old. I have no kids, and a dangerous OBSESSION with hunting mature whitetail deer. I live in Illinois and hunt it and southern wisconsin on a regular basis.

I can't say what my odds for taking a buck are.. because I'm a bit superstitious. But I will say this.. I am a fierce competitor and a perfectionist when it comes to deer hunting. A 11 year student of the whitetail woods and ready for a 12th year.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.