Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 08-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Thanks Germ. Ya know I'd take you too. (I think everyone would).

Justin and I have coined a phrase after you... we're going to really try and get to our stands even earlier this season after a PM conversation I had with you many weeks back...

We're calling it "gettingin our treeGerm early".
Old 08-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got home from drivin around by my huntin spots and got a look at a real nice 10 pt about one mile from my "honey hole." Ive got the itch, do you??
Old 08-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gobblegetterNY

got a look at a real nice 10 pt about one mile from my "honey hole."
That's awesome! I've certainly got the itch as well!

Some nights I'll just wake up randomly just thinking about hunting and not able to get back to sleep for hours. Last week I almost missed my exit for work becuase I was thinking about the up and coming hunts I have planned

Maybe I should see a shrink? But I already know what they would tell me -- I'm addicted!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Went out Saturday and Posted the area that I'll be hunting this fall (around 350 acres). Neighbors were nice enough to rip down all the old posters on the interior property lines,which was thoughtful.I stapled so many damn staples, I feel like I havecarpal tunnel today. A roll of posters doesn't go as far as one would think.

Went into another one of the stomping grounds to shoot a few groundhogs after I finished hanging posters... 3:30 in the afternoon - saw 7 deer (5 doe, 1x2 and a nice 4x5 (120"ish)) - weird. Anyway,I watched the 4x5for a solid hour as he laid around in the shady field corner, munching clover and napping. There are 2 groundhogs who owe their lives to him, b/c I wasn't about to crank it loose with him standing that close. LOL
Old 08-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

I've got a PSE Firestorm X, 70 lbs, carbon express terminator lites with blazer vanes, WB, truglo 5 pin sight, 100 Grain Grim Reaper Razortip BHs.

I haven't chrono'd my bow yet, but it's fast enough that I can practice at 60 yards by aiming 10 inches high on my 40 yd pin.

I almost bought a switchback this year, but I like the shorter brace height of my PSE, sometimes when I'm practicing and I start getting tired I really notice where the short brace height affects accuracy.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am goin to be AWOL for the next week. Going to New Mexico for a scouting tripdisguised as a second honeymoon.My wife said I can't take my computer. I give you guy's a scouting report when I get back.

Quick don't you just hate that. Every year is the same thing go post the property.Then everybody wonders why I get pissed when I catch them trespassing.That had to be fun watching that deer.

You guy's have a good week. Later
Old 08-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck in NM, 130. All the best to you and your wife. I just drank a whole bottle of Merlot (opened it with dinner)- and I decided to dedicate it to you having a good time on your trip out west. Yellow Tail Aussie wine. Wish I had another bottle for Monday Night Football...[>:] Such is life...

By the way - before I forget - we should all PM our names, phone#'sand mailing addy's to our team captain, then he can package everything together and send it to all of us. I'm sure some of us will probably keep in touch.

I really shouldn't be allowed to drink and play with the computer. I think I'm gonna go watch cat fights on Youtube until kickoff... Peace out homies.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have fun on your ‘second honeymoon’

I tried disguising a trip like that once – but I was ‘busted’ right off the bat [:@]

Old 08-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats up Quick? You sound like you are going to have a good season this year. Cat fights on Utube, Ill have to check that out....
Old 08-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Mark - I'm hoping to finally get back to shooting some better deer this season. Last year was bad for me - my worst in memory. Have 3 new hunting spots to add to the rotation, so that will be clutch.Should be tagged out before the time change in November - when my evening hunts stop.

So, did you check out the cat fights?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yYdEIEid7lwDon't look like the kind of girls who would wanna break a nail
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qcGzoQKVCyI Some rough women... LOL

How's Team 4 lookin' buddy? I know you're good for one.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.