Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread >

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5-Official Team 5 Thread

Defenitely would hurt though.............but you gotta stay optimistic and hold a good high self esteem..........i have no doubt that you'll do that.

You'll do fine man............its tough now but later youll just see it like it was another bump in the road.

Good Luck
Old 09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys

Been working for the most part. [:'(] Did get off early last night to sneak a hunt in. Had areal good buck wandering around at roughly 90 yards. He went the wrong way though. We've got one of his sheds from last spring.Should be in the 150 range this year. Looks to be a clean 5 pt (WC ) with very goodG2s and G3s. There is a bigger buck in that area but will dropeither one if given the chance. Don't know when I will get another day off or sneak out for another fast hunt but hopefully soon.

Shane... sorry to hear about the girl friend.Thinking back to my dating years, my dad's advise during a break up was to quit pouting and get over it. There is more fish in the sea. While it seemed like stupid advice at the time, it actually was pretty good. I dated quite a fewbefore finding the right one. Been married to her for 19 years now and damn gladthe other ones didn't work out. Oh and I shot one of my better bucks during a bad break up. Hang in there!!

Tim
Old 09-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the support guys. I am feeling a bit better, but it stings. One week she is telling me how much she loves me, the next week, it is we need space, the following week she is dating someone new. No closure, she just turned off like a light switch when things were doing pretty well. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Shane
Old 09-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shane,
Girls are a dime a dozen! I've held onto the one that I am with for 4 years now, and somedays I kind of wish I was single again to just do my own thing!! Being single is alot easier... You are not committed to pleasing one girl!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 04:43 PM

hey guys getting excited next saturday i can hang my public stand sets. finished my home food plot last week. things are looking good.

good luck TJF
Old 09-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

Went on an elk hunt today................unfortunately no elk..................but!

We did get a goose, 6 squrriels, and agrouse.

All with a bow!

It was great fun!
Old 09-08-2007, 11:11 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Bailey

Congrats on the birds and the squirrels!!

Got to hunt this past afternoon. Setup whereI saw the 5 pt last timeonly to watch him go right by the spot I sat the last time. [&:] [:@] He was running with 3 other bucks and looks like he is out of velvet. I did have a younger 5 pt and 4 pt go by me 20 yards and under.

Least I know where he is feeding tonight. Will setup for him in the morning. Tyler will be guarding another spot should he or any of the other bucks go that way when they return to the bedding areas. Hopefully one of us will get a crack at him.

Tim
Old 09-09-2007, 08:09 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Morning hunt was a horridbust. We ran into the group of bucks on the walk in. Didn't take long to figure out why they came back before day light.. Goose hunters had set up right by their feeding areaand started blasting at sunrise. Two hunts wrecked now which is starting to suck with the limited time I get to hunt.Should have been a great morning. The deer were still moving on the drive home in other places. [:@]

Probably will have to work this afternoon. [:'(]

Tim
Old 09-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tim, i am really sorry to hear that.

You deserve some better luck[].................but i have one heck of a fealing that your gonna stick a monster this year

And NO im not just saying that............i really have a fealin!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its quiet here guys............toooooo quiet!

lets get some conversation going..........

How many days do ya'll got left till the season, those of you that are still waiting?

any one else who wants to post anything PLEASE do...........like i said

its been really quiet round here

Quick Reply: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.