Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread >

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 5-Official Team 5 Thread

Good luck Tim, I know in my areas with a full moon, daylight deer sightings are horrible. I can't imagine adding 90 temps to that scenerio.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:08 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Good luck Tim, I know in my areas with a full moon, daylight deer sightings are horrible. I can't imagine adding 90 temps to that scenerio.
Ryan

Does make for a nasty combo when you combine the two.The full moon is more of a pain then the temps in my experience though. It actually cools downfairly fast now the last hour of hunting. Mornings are nice. I am going till noon if possible tomorrow. Buckswill sometimes feed a bit anywheres from 10:30 to 12:30 during a full moon here. They stay right near their bedding areaso I will have to push it a little and hunt close.

Thanksand best of luck to you.

Tim
Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Tim, i really hope you score a monster tommorrow!!!!

Good Luck man!!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell us how it went!!!.........................................Af ter your done skinning it out![8D]
Old 09-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

TJF, I read Troy's journal, I enjoyed it. Good luck as the season progresses. How'd ya make out?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

TJF, I read Troy's journal, I enjoyed it. Good luck as the season progresses. How'd ya make out?
Well let's see... This morning the goose hunters got inbetween the main feeding area and me. I did have two does go by at Mach 5!!! [:'(] The bucks must have headed into the neighbor's corn.

I got home... took a nap. A buddy showed up. I told Tyler to get the big elk shed Troy gave us so we could show him. Tyler managed to knock a bottle of doe pee off the gun rack in the process of getting it.The bottle of doe peecrashed against the steel weight set and shattered. The wife wasn't thrilled in the least as it stunk thewhole house up. [] She really found no humor when I said... I could hang a stand off the house and wouldn't have to leave home to hunt!! It was bad!!

The heat hit for our afternoon hunt. I did manage to have two bucks within 8 yards. Both were forkys. [&:] But at least I finally saw a couplebucks after 3 hunts.

Things were looking up!! The wind is suppose to change so I can finally hunt my spot I've been dieing to get intoand tomorrow is going to be a lotcooler. I was pumped up until I got home from tonight's hunt.The wife informed me the boss called. We start cutting beans at 1 PM tomorrow. So much for my afternoonhunt tomorrow!! [:@]

Got a good spot tomorrow morning to hunt through. There is no way the goose hunters or the boss can wreck it !!! Well I think there is no way. [&:]

Tim

Old 09-02-2007, 02:39 AM

I could hang a stand off the house and wouldn't have to leave home to hunt!!
Thats great. I am sure my wife would not be pleased with that comment either.
Good luck on your morning hunt.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:34 AM

Well Tim I just finished reading Troys journal entry and I see (from all the sheds) the potential you have to score an awesome buck. I could obviously use some lessons on shed hunting. I think you and Tyler have it down to a science. Once again good luck this morning.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

What journals are you guys talking about? Maybe I need to go back and re-read some stuff?
Tim-Hope everything went good on the hunt this morning.
I went out and did a little bit of advanced scouting yesterday afternoon and came up with a new game plan. There is a gate in the corner of a high fence line at my newest spot, and I sat for a couple hours on the road in my truck with my binos scoping everything out before dark. They two big shooter bucks came in there within the first hour that I was there, and they both bedded down up there. I went and talked to the farmer, and he said they go there pretty much every night. I am planning on setting up a couple rows deep in the corn field on a seat within 20 yards of where they have been entering that spot. I am going to stake it out again tomorrow night just to make sure that the way they come in is consistant!
Old 09-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

TJF, good luck tommorrow mornin!! We need you to score, we aint in first anymore............. GOOD LUCK MAN!!!

Kill it n grill it, sounds like you have a promising spot!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!!!!!

Quick Reply: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.