Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread >

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:05 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Brett

Congrats on the promotion. Good news on how the deer are going by the one stand of your's.

It was a rainy/windy/colder PM hunt. 3 bucks almost made it to my spot but got too dark. One was big bodied but couldn't make their racks out in the drizzle. Looks like it will be a rainy weekend and a bit breezy.

Going out in the morning. Tyler sprained his ankle again. He might limp out for an evening hunt but won't be going with me in the morning.

Gotta make something happen even if rainy... just hoping it isn't a casepnemonia !! LOL

Tim
Old 10-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Tim!!!!!

Make team 5 proud!!!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I have been out a few times in Pa. Have seen multiple deer, including some smaller bucks, no shooters yet, but I know they are there. Sounds like the rest of you have at least had some action. Happy B-day Brett.

Shane
Old 10-06-2007, 11:11 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

3 does and 2 fawns was it for me tonight. Wasn't too surprised to see no bucks. Couldn't get in as far as I wanted with the wind switching to the NW. Boss called and no work for me tomorrow. Will hit it hard one more day then back to work.

Corn harvest will start for us Monday or Tuesday. If the weather stays decent we are looking at 2.5 - 3weeks of combining.Doubt I will get any hunting in during it but a guy can hope.

Good luck everyone !!

Tim
Old 10-07-2007, 02:46 AM

WOW! Bailey that is an awesome buck, would love to see you get him. Still no hunting time yet boys but hopefully soon.

Good Luck Everyone

Nate
Old 10-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The warm weather the last couple of days has kept me out of the woods. It's supposed to drop into the low 60's this weeks. I'm sure I will be hunting then! On the bright side, I saw a few bucks last night from my parents kitchen window right around dusk. I think that I will be sticking with my evening hunts. Tim, I hope your luck starts to change. Sounds like the season hasn't been the kindest to you as of yet.
Nate, put down the books, and step into the woods!! Trust me, it will make the studying alot easier!!
Shane, I'm sure the biggen your looking for will step out from behind some trees any day now!!

I'm trying to get some jobs wraped up at work this weekend so that I don't have to work at all next weekend!!

Good luck everyone!!

Brett
Old 10-07-2007, 01:36 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Brett

I am not complaining... least I am seeing deer, played cat and mouse with the big 5 pt, blundered on a big 4 pt,shot a doe and a coyote so life isn't too bad here. I gave up on good/ bad luck years ago. Just too depressing. You make it happen or not. I just seem to be having a lot of nots lately !! Been having a lot of great experiences though while the bucks humble me. That's what makes bowhunting so greatand rewarding to me. You need to put effort into it to succeed. You have to learn tohunt smart. You are always seeing tons of thingsand learning.

Tim
Old 10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Tonight was a busy night. No big buck sightings but had 2 doe and a fawn go by at 8 yards. Little while later a2.5 year old 4 pt went by in the same spot as the does. I thought he had left but... about 25 minutes before quitting time, a doe and fawn were headed for me. They got within 25 yards when the 4 pt came charging in. He chased them round and round. I was having a good time watching plus hoping they would draw a bigger buck in when I caught movement in the grass beside me. Black and white and hauling a$$. God skunks are slow!! It ranby me under2 yards up wind. [&:]The deer must have spooked it. Had one more doe come up behind me to end the night. Surprised she didn't bust me as she was downwind. She ended up going by about 25 yards.

Tim
Old 10-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like there was atleast some action!

its always nice to atleast see the deer!

good luck boys!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had some very unexpected action last night myself. I have a NAP 360 Capture rest, and i was adjusting one of the knocks on my arrow to be sure that it wouldn't catch any of the fletchings. The next thing I know, I look up and there stands a Coyote 10 feet in front of my stand looking in my direction. I slowly clipped on my release, and got my bow up into shooting position. By this time he was almost out of my shooting lane, and he was looking kind of in my direction. I tried to draw on him, and he spooked. I really wish I could have got him. Oh well, I'm sure this won't be the only time that I see one this year. I didn't see any deer last night though.[:'(]

Brett

Quick Reply: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.