Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread >

14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Nice buck New. Don't feel bad about anything, you put points on the board for us. As you can see not too many of us have. I don't want to steal his thunder but rumor has it Pybuckhunter has a one for the contest. Since he's my brother I can say this - Shouldn't a guy that has the name Pybuckhunter shoot a pope and young buck?

Don't worry, I have vacation starting Nov 1st so hopefully I'll be able to give us a little more.

I better shoot one now..............................talk to you guys soon.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Hewon't net pope but he's real close to my 130 gross standard, I might have to eat a little crow, for I have him preliminary scored around 128. He came in fast chasing a doe, didn't have alot of time to look him over. So here is the pic. I'll post the story and the scorecard when I get some time. Cutting him up right now. zs93 has been bugging me to post it, even though I don't have time to tell everyonehowI shot a buck and my first ever fox with the bow on the same day.

Shot on 10-28-07.....9:30 a.m

Old 10-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Activity is really picking up around here finally. Harvested a nice doe saturday night so now im all tagged out on does for the year and i am really concentrating on some horns. I have yet to sight a buck this year but i have 2 weeks of season left so it can happen. I feel good fellas. I have to say I'm a believer in rage broadheads the hole they made was totally unreal. My first shot somehow the doe jumped and twisted and i caught here right in the noggin. She flopped around laid there for10minutes than got up staggered out to 25ydstood there swaying so i stuck one through the cage and it was all over in 5 seconds. I'll be out again tomorrow. Good luck fellas!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck PYbuckhunter!! Those forks on his G2's look sweet. I really hate being at work right now with all of this action heating up. Driving in this morning it was 34 degrees, I wanted to turn around like you would not believe.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

First half ofthe story..... As the morning started,I thought I would have a bad day. I had the alarm set for0530, season opens at 0700. Alarm goes off at the right time, Itake my shower, get on my under clothes, get some cereal and sit down to watch the weather channel. I take a couple bits of my cereal and glance out the window. I'm like wait a minute, it's starting to get light out. I look up at the clock in the living room and itshows 0655, somehow the alarm clock got set back an hour. Well out the door I go, thinking what stand canI hunt that the wind would be good and also is not to far from the road. Got the perfect stand (shot a P&Y out of it in 2002). By the time I'm up in my stand, its already been light for 45 minutes. Low and behold after just 10 min. a buck is off to my left, then another and another. There is 4 total, all 1 1/2 year olds. They start to spare with each other, and mill around, but they stay in the same general area. I'm thinking to myself there has to be a hot doe over that way somewhere. This goes on until about 0930 when I hear this deep grunt come from that area. Here comes the doe running for her life, then here comes this buck chasing her. I could tell he was nice, but I didn't know exactly. I pulled back as he was running past me and made a grunt, then a louder one. He stopped at about 23 yards quartering away, I still didn't know exactly what he was, butI knew he was close to being what I'mlooking for. I shot and he ran 20 yards and fell over. Made a great shot, I'm proud offthat, went in right behind shoulder and came out in front off leg, complete pass thru. He didn't grow any bigger on the ground, but he is a nice deer and I'm happy I got him.
I posted him on the scorecard at 128 6/8
He is the buck that I had on camera, and I posted it on here earlier.
I have some things to do right now, so the second half of the story will have to wait!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Great buck pybuckhunter!!!! I can't wait until this weekend. I am on vaction starting Friday and plan to be in the woods everyday. I hope I am able to connect on a nice buck as well.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

New, did you score your first buck yet? also what did your second buck score, was a dnady I loved that rack.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I scored the first one. A whopping 41 1/8". I have not measured the second one, my hunting buddy is putting it on a plaque for me so he will probably measure it as well (insert shameless plug here: www.rackplaques.com). The website is relatively new so it might have a few bugs and I know he plans on updating with more pics.

I really have little experience measuring, the only two deer I have ever measured were for last years contest and this years.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats pybuckhunter!!! Great buck.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Second half.....I go out for the evening hunt to a tree that I shot a coyote last year, but did not find him. So I'm looking for a doe to get my earn a buck sticker.A doe and two fawns almost come close enough, but can't get a shot. So it's getting close to prime time, and I see some movement down the highline cut. About 100 yards, I put the binos up and there are two foxes jumping around. Well I don't see foxes very often, and have never had the chance to shoot one.So I think it's cool to watch them playing around, then they start coming my way. The first one runs by my tree, I can't get a shot. Here comes the second one, he gets in my lane and I make a squeaking sound. Perfect, he stops I let fly, right under him. He takes off running into the woods, right by my tree. WOW, I blew that! Then I hear the first one coming back, I pull back, he walks in a shooting lane that is only 10 yards. Again I make a squeak, he stops and I smack him right in the back. Drops on the spot. After 24 years of bowhunting and never getting a shotat one, then on one night I get two shots. Unbelievable

Quick Reply: 14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.