HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201683-14-official-team-buck-wild-thread.html)

densfbs 09-22-2007 03:51 PM

RE: 14- Official Team Buck Wild Thread

How are the WI boys doing??? I haven't heard anything from you guys in a while. I assume you are hanging from a tree.....

8 more days until Oct 1. Can't wait to get out there but these 90 degree days are really starting to get old.

NEW61375 09-24-2007 07:59 AM

I know what you mean densfbI am over the weather. Cool down and rain please!! If any of you get a chance check my thread titled Corn or Beans?? Help (PIC FIXED)in the bowhunting forum. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nate

densfbs 09-25-2007 09:31 AM

New, did you decide on how you are going to hunt your location? Not actually seeing the area it is hard for me to give good advice but I can tell you from trail cam pics I have been getting that hunting water is your best bet. Sounds like you have been experiencing the same heat we have here and the deer have to have water, if able setup on water. Alsohas the corn or beans been harvested yet? On my way to work the last two morning I have seen deer in cut cornfields.

zs93 09-25-2007 05:52 PM

Hey guys - No update from me yet. Trying to get some of the things done around the house so after October 15th I can be living in the stand.

I agree with densfbs on the water if it is hot where your at. We have been seeing heavy traffic near water.

Until next time, Good Luck guys.

NEW61375 09-26-2007 10:07 AM

I hunted the inside corner on the side where the beans are on 9/25/07. The corn on the opposite side has just been harevested this week. I had 3 big does and a couple of fawns/yearlings come through around 6:45 p.m. They were about 50-60 yards behind me and headed towards the beans. I will relocate and hunt this area again soon.

Thursday if the wind is right I am going to hunt on the side where the freshly cut corn is and see if that produces more sightings.

Hot and dry. The activity I have been seeing has been late and unfortunately there is no glaring water source within this piece. I talked to the caretaker and he says he has been seeing more morning activity. That makes sense to me because obviously it is cooler and I wouldn't be surprised if the deer are getting some of their water needs met by browsing on the dew soaked grasses, leaves, beans, etc. I might try and get out there Saturday morning to test this theory.

The pic in that link should be working if you want to glance at it.

NEW61375 09-27-2007 02:12 PM

Bueller? Bueller?........

Anyone seen Bueller?

NEW61375 09-27-2007 02:14 PM

Shhh....what was that? Did you hear something?.......There it goes again!!! I'm freakin out.....!!

:D

densfbs 09-27-2007 02:56 PM

New sounds like you have had some success then.....at least seeing deer is a good sign you are in the right spot. I have 4 more days until season opens. Temps are suppose to be in the upper 50's for the morning hunt we will see what happens.

deerslayer223 09-27-2007 09:17 PM

Come on saturday. Just got back from spotting saw a buncha does where i'm going to be saturday the bucks wern't there tonight for some reason. Been seeing a nice 8pt and 6pt on a regular basis i got there general routine down so hopefully saturday evening they present themselves. We're due to put some bone on the board here soon. ;)Goodluck Fellas

PYbuckhunter 10-02-2007 12:50 PM

What the heck! You guys don't have anything on the board yet! I thought being gone 2 weeks, we would be in first and running away with this thing.
Just got back yesterday. We had a very good trip, the weather was good, except the day it snowed in Yellowstone. The colors were almost peak, and theTetonswere snow covered. Seen lots of wildlife, and the kids seemed to enjoy it.
The wife and I both got a couple good antelope, mine was a 15" that scored 75" gross. The wife shot an old goat that had worn down teeth. Past its prime, I joked with her that it must have also been loosing its vision. It was her first Big game kill. Hers had one side that was 14" and was broke off about an inch, the other side had about 2 inchesbroke off. Scored 71" gross.
Hereis apicture of mine.