Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread >

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 3-Official Team 3 Thread

You're right. It doesn't get much better than that.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Shawnee - Those are the best days at work! - that reminds me I need to talk to a client about getting a place to hunt here closer to work (would allow for significant more time in the stand).
Old 08-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

Well Brothers and Sisters of the RUTTIN REBELS. I think we Have a heck 0f a team here..the other teams should be afraid, very afraid..
We have been seeing some really good bucks around home and I am going to head to my spot in Kansas this weekend and see how everything looks there, will keep you updated on the laptop..
Old 08-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Here is a pic from our farm in ILL. about a month ago, kind of blurry, but you can see some..

Old 08-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

that looks great. I think our team has some great potential.

I think you said that was Pike Co. Has the drought affected you there or are you in that little strip that has gotten several rains? We haven't had a sprinkle in 2 months. Needless to say, we're hurting. With the late freeze this spring hitting all the white oaks, and now the drought, those deer are going to be getting hungry. It looks like another week or so before we've even got a shot at some rain. Foodplots are on hold until then.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

We got a well needed rain Monday night, but most of the corn is done made, the food plots we planted in the spring are in need, I will have to replant about half into fall ones and the others Ihave are in Bottom ground and they are doing good..Around us it will be the food plots bringing them in this fall with little food in the acorn crop and corn being so dry they will have it all out before season..
Old 08-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, that is not what I wanted to hear about the acorn crop this year. I have a couple stands that were deer magnets last year because of the acorns.
I'm making the six hour trek down there this weekend to put some final touches on stands, and check the cameras for the first time this year.
I'm also gonna set up a couple of nice ambush spots with the climber that I have in mind for the rut.
Season is approaching quick!!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Well, the way I understand it, it only takes 1 year for a white oak to make an acorn. 2 Years for a red oak. (Not sure about other varieties) That means the red oaks should drop acorns this year, but not the white due to the freeze. That's what I've seen so far too, so I guess my neighbor is correct. Next year there wont be red oak acorns, but should be white provided there's not a freeze like this springs. (I dont know about north of here, but the freeze during spring turkey season hurt us, as most everything had already budded and bloomed)

That being the case, I agree, food plots are going to be the ticket. One farmer out here by the house is already getting corn out. Started this week. That's pretty sad.

Just wish we could get good rain so we can get food plots in. While I'm certainly ready for cold weather, I'd at least like the chance for them to grow before the first freeze.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

We need rain bad, I have 6 plots worked up and ready to plant if we would get some moisture in the ground. We need a good soaking rain, 3-4 days of good SLOW rain, no downpours..My lakes are down 6-8 feet..not good..
I am looking forward to going out to Kansas and doing some scouting and put out some cameras, I havent been out there in 2 months..
we have alot of corn out there we will leave in for the deer and turkeys..I will put in 3-5 little food plots around tree stands I set up and hope it grows..

Old 08-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Hope you have a good trip to Kansas. I'm headed back home to celebrate the parents anniversary. Its too hot for much else.

Quick Reply: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.