HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201675-3-official-team-ruttin-rebels-thread.html)

shawneeslinger 08-21-2007 07:07 PM

RE: 3-Official Team 3 Thread

Kentucky comes in Sept. 1st. i'll be hunting here until IL comes in in October. If the weather doesn't break its gonna be tough to spend much time in the woods.

pwrsrtk350 08-21-2007 07:17 PM

Our season here in Ohio runs from September 29 until February 3.

jondoe 08-21-2007 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: shawneeslinger

Kentucky comes in Sept. 1st.
That is correct and I will be settled in waiting for daylight to break in me stand that morning. With the temps the way they are, I will probably only hunt the morning hours for deer and take the afternoons to help thin out the dove population.

shawneeslinger 08-21-2007 09:00 PM

I'm with you, only in reverse. I think we'll be shooting doves in the morning and sitting at the waterholes in the evening. I'm having a hard time establishing much of a pattern in the morning, but the evening has been easier since there isn't any water anywhere.

I'm going to let my little boy join me for the dove hunts. This will be his first year. We're both so excited we could poop.

bowhuntinoh 08-22-2007 03:40 AM

i keep getting the invite to try the ky opener i just cant find the time. ohio has plenty so i guess im not missing nothing.

bowhuntinoh 08-22-2007 03:40 AM

i keep getting the invite to try the ky opener i just cant find the time. ohio has plenty so i guess im not missing nothing.

SuperRedHawk 08-22-2007 08:35 PM

Well, we put the finishing touches on 2 more ladder stands. We added an extra ladder section making these 23' to the seat. Stand in the middle.

This is a prime spot. I hunted here a few times last season with the climber and saw some nice bucks. Passed on a couple smaller ones and took a doe here. Come October, this area is scrape city!

bowhuntinoh 08-23-2007 03:07 AM

i wont hang my stands till the first week of september

HunterOpel 08-23-2007 07:21 AM

That looks like a GREAT setup there SuperRedHawk..
I will start puting stands out this weekend, it takes alittle while..
I would like to see pics of everybodys set-up, stands, bows, previous kill..
We are Team RUTTIN REBELS and I would like us all to get to know each other better....
I will take some pics this weekend to put up here and hope I get some trail camera action also..

pwrsrtk350 08-23-2007 07:30 AM

When I get a chance later I will post up some pics. Its a little hard right now at work.