HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201675-3-official-team-ruttin-rebels-thread.html)

mcmcthehunter 08-10-2007 08:09 PM

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Team 3..............Ruttin Rebels

Alt MartinJaguarArcher
366 BOW HNT
278 conceptshooter
123 SuperRedHawk
191 bowhuntinoh
290 pwrsrtk350
304 jondoe
377 shawneeslinger
25 HunterOpel
376 mcmcthehunter

Hey everyone, we need to get everything going. We gotta vote for a team captain and a team name.

shawneeslinger 08-10-2007 08:48 PM

RE: 3-Official Team 3 Thread

Sounds good to me. Haven't been in the contest before so dont look to me for what to do. I'm just along for the ride.

SuperRedHawk 08-10-2007 08:58 PM

Checking in, what's happening guys (and gals?)!
First year also, but I'm gonna hit it hard this season.
I hopeI still have a job when it's over! :D

Let's Rock and Roll!

shed33 08-11-2007 12:56 AM

Good luck you guys on Team #3, I had the pleasure to have Bow hnt (mike) on my team the past two years. Great guy! Mikes good for abig ole Iowa buck each year... Good luck bro, I am gonna miss ya!

conceptshooter 08-11-2007 07:48 AM

Checking in. This is my 3rd year its alot of fun

BOW HNT 08-11-2007 10:05 AM

Hi guys I am checking in! glad to meet everyone - any thoughts on a name or capt. yet? - I probably will not be on much this weekend - but will try to check back in a couple of times.

The only thought of a name I have had so far is Triple Threat

Mike

HunterOpel 08-12-2007 11:11 AM

Checking in to the winning team:)...Just want to say hello to all teammates and wish everyone a good season..
Anyone seeing any good ones yet???

SuperRedHawk 08-12-2007 04:38 PM

Allright HunterOpel, another Illinois guy, and check out his avatar!!
Looks like we got a killer team going here guys, where are the rest?

And yes Opel, I saw a bachelor group a few weeks ago that's still giving me nightmares!

jondoe 08-12-2007 06:49 PM

jondoe checking in from South Central Kentucky. I have not taken a buck since 03 but it is not because I have not been putting forth my best effort. The years of passing on the little guys has paid off. Last year's mark is still out there. He did an awesome job of avoiding everyone last year as a 150" nine point. Can't wait to see what he is this year.

SuperRedHawk 08-12-2007 08:19 PM

Ok, I have sent official Team 3 email alerts to the 3 MIA's. :)

shawneeslinger 08-12-2007 09:12 PM

Man, It looks like we've got the potential to score big. I am certainly getting pumped. Just a few more days and KY comes in, and then IL opens up in a month.Of course, since first deer is what counts, I may have to hold off in KY until I get a few days in IL. Either way, just another way to enjoy the season.

pwrsrtk350 08-13-2007 08:49 AM

Count me in here and accounted for. Sorry for the delay. This is my first year in the contest but I am in for some fun!!

quiksilver 08-13-2007 10:54 AM

Best luck this season Mike! Keep in touch bro.

jondoe 08-13-2007 01:44 PM

Anyone have an idea for a team name or captain?

pwrsrtk350 08-13-2007 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: jondoe

Anyone have an idea for a team name or captain?
All we have so far is Triple Threat. I'll rack my brain a little.

rybohunter 08-13-2007 04:32 PM

Hey, Mike, good luck this year, I'm sure you'll put a nice one on the ground for these guys.

shawneeslinger 08-14-2007 08:34 AM

Well, while in we're in the process of coming up with a name and a captain, I was just wondering where SPECIFICALLY, ya'll are from and where you hunt. OK, not down to the GPS coordinates or anything, just maybe county or something like that. The Location on most of our profiles is pretty general. I see several of us hunt in IL. Maybe we're close. We might even want to get together sometime...a team hunt or something.

Here goes:
I was raised in Edwards County
I now live in Paducah, KY (just across the southern state line)
But I hunt in Pope County, IL on the family farm.
I hunt here in KY as well, but once Muzzleloader season comes in in October I share the land I hunt with several others which can be a pain in the butt, So I generally just go to IL.

Anyhow, would love to know about you.

pwrsrtk350 08-14-2007 08:44 AM

I hunt here in Ohio on 2 private farms. 1 is in Stark county the other being in Wayne county Ohio. I am also working on getting onto a piece of land in a top producing southern Ohio county.

SuperRedHawk 08-14-2007 11:44 AM

Hi guys, my name is Fred, I live in the Chicagoburbs and I'm hunting 2 properties in Illinois. One is a lease in central Ill, Clay Co., and the other is a friends property further south in Jackson Co. (not too far from you Shawnee).

The central property is mostly farmland with alot of deer, but the big bucks are tough to find. It's a 4 hour drive. The south property is more "big woods", bordering the national forest, with a better quality of bucks.

I have some nice ones on the trail cam that made it through the gun seasons, and should be awesome this year. The only problem is it's a 6 hour drive for me each way! So it's hard to do much scouting, and even getting to hunt there alot is tough.

Right now I'm thinking about taking off the first week in Oct, for the opener, and another week in Nov, during the rut. And many long weekends when I can pull it off. Can't wait!!!!

jondoe 08-14-2007 11:51 AM

I live and hunt in Butler Co., KY. We had a couple of really big deer escape us last year. My hopes are that one of those will walk past me the opening weekend of our bow season. Speaking of that, our season kicks off the 1st of September.

HunterOpel 08-14-2007 03:25 PM

I live in Madison Co. about 30 miles from St.Louis,Mo. We have some good deer here, last year by my dads house a friend killed a 180" 10 pointer I had on camera, but I hunt mainly on family farms in Calhoun & Pike co. in ILL. I also hunt in Missouri and Kansas on private farms.. I have taken some really good bucks over there. I take off work Sept. 10th til Feb. 10th, Hunt and Trap..I have been seeing some real good bucks on all our farms, so should be a good year, I hope.. Here is a pic of one of last years bucks..

shawneeslinger 08-14-2007 04:34 PM

HunterOpel, I'm thinking I'm glad I'm on your team. Holy Cow! Those are 2 nice deer. And how in the heck do you swing taking all that time off? I'm envious.

BOW HNT 08-14-2007 04:37 PM

Hey guys - good getting to know everyone - my name is Mike - I live in West Des Moines and hunt in southwest Iowa on the family farm and other private ground.

We have seen a couple bucksthat will be interesting when they get to hard horn! Saw themsomewhat early and not exactly sure how much more growing they will be doing, but I anticipate the smaller one will be a shooter!

I am a CPA - will have some weeks that get insanely busy - so may not post for a while every now and again - but will try to check up on everyone when I get a spare minute or two.

I have spent the last two seasons on the XX we were a pretty chatty bunch of guys - and I do feel that as far as the contest goes - it was a great thing - some guys started hunting earlier - and some later - kept everyone in the game so to speak, and there are several that feel like family! That is what it is about!!!

Gotta run - will try to get back on tonight! - Mike

HunterOpel 08-14-2007 05:08 PM

I am an Operating Engineer and travel for all my jobs, so they will lay me off when ever I ask , It is a good job..

mcmcthehunter 08-14-2007 06:18 PM

hey eveybody just to wanted to say I live in Cecil county Maryland. I have at least 3 nice spots to hunt this year. One of them is pretty populated, and i live less than 10 or 15 mins. away from all of them so i really hope i get a nice one this year. good luch to all!!! :)

SuperRedHawk 08-14-2007 06:23 PM

Glad to meet all of you.
Darin, I hate you for getting the whole season off!
But, I love that you're on our team!! :D Hunsucker Who??

Been kicking around some names:

Triple Threat (as suggested before)
Ambush
Terminator
Exit Wound
No Fear

Some just for fun:

Spike Chasers
Team Mahat (my arrow hit a twig)
Or since we're team 3, The Stooges

I don't know, feel free to add suggestions

HunterOpel 08-14-2007 08:05 PM

I like Team Terminator..
Ruttin Rebels
Team Mahat is original..

We need to get a name and a Captain!!
Some of the other teams have there own avatars already..

BOW HNT 08-15-2007 07:49 AM

HunterOpel - nice bucks there!

It is hard to remember all the different team names that have been used - but do like the originality and these have the most appeal

Ruttin Rebels
Team Mahat

One thought with Team Mahat - change it a little to Team Mahab (my arrow hit a buck)

shawneeslinger 08-15-2007 08:09 AM

I thought Triple Threat had a nice ring to it. I'd give it my vote.

I'm a pastor in Paducah, Kentucky. Probably not your typical minister though.

jondoe 08-15-2007 11:23 AM

I actually cast my vote for Ruttin' Rebels for a team name. That has a nice catch to it.

Since HunterOpel seems to have quite the credentials to be team captain.

mcmcthehunter 08-15-2007 05:29 PM

I also like the team name "Ruttin Rebels" it has my vote, but we need a team captin. My vote goes to HunterOpel for team captin. We need to get the show on the road so good luck to everyone!!!!!:D

pwrsrtk350 08-15-2007 07:54 PM

I'll vote for HunterOpel also. As far as a name I like a few of them so I dont know what one to vote for really.

SuperRedHawk 08-15-2007 09:08 PM

Well, Ruttin Rebels seems to have the majority vote so far, I like it also, and Terminator.
And HunterOpel is getting the majority vote also, see what happens when you post those monsters! :D

Anyone any good with avatars? I'm not a pro but I can try and make something when we decide for sure.
Still waiting on 2 MIA's huh?

shawneeslinger 08-15-2007 09:17 PM

Sounds good to me. I'll vote HunterOpel and Ruttin Rebels.

bowhuntinoh 08-16-2007 03:43 AM

howdy all from ohio here hunteropel looks like the capn well i hope to score one of our ohio big bucks this year since i take all my vacation for deer season. this is my 3rd year for the contest its a great time

bowhuntinoh 08-16-2007 03:59 AM

it seems my posts are messing up hope i have it working now. my e-mail is [email protected] i normally only post during the season to much going on and all.

HunterOpel 08-16-2007 06:52 AM

WE have 6 votes for Ruttin Rebels, SuperRedHawk, if you could make an avatar, that would be great..
We have one MIA- phall2, i will send a PM..
I think we have a great team here!!!!!!!!!!!
RUTTIN REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pwrsrtk350 08-16-2007 07:10 AM

Well I went out to my closest hunting plot to do some scouting lastnight. I saw a lot of sign but there is about 400 acres of corn still standing so most of them are still hiding in there. Hopefully the high price of corn will make him cut it earlier then December. The corn, huge swamp, river and thick woods makes me feel promising about this land.

BOW HNT 08-16-2007 08:24 AM

Hey Brother Rebels - I would also vote for HunterOpel as team captian.

shawneeslinger 08-16-2007 10:33 AM

I think we've got a Sister Rebel too!

I'm just glad we got a name. Looks like we're about to get this captain thing covered too. To top it all off, I just had a lady leave my office who stopped by to say howdy. The conversation ended with her giving me permission to hunt a little 20 acre woodlot completely surrounded by corn. Talk about a good day.