Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 4-  Official  Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread >

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:55 AM

Default RE: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

I would think by now there would be some rut sign. I'm seeing only a few rubs and NO scrapes.???
I'm off on Halloween. I think I'll be hunting at the lease I belong to. I haven't been there yet. I hope things are better there.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Archer 58 ,my areas have been the same way.I went to the oppisite side of my county and the sign is going down.I saw 3 fresh scrapes this morning.I only saw 1 buck around a 110 inch,just not big enough.I heading back out right now,maybe I'll see some better action tonight.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some inches to add. Got an 8 point this morning, I think it is the one I missed the other day??? Should score in the 80's, not huge, but good for my area. Its a buck anyway. Only the second one taken at my work so far. Only 2 weeks left for us untill gun season.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Big congrats Mark! Get us some pictures so we can check him out!

Seriously, you're too modest buddy. You really do a great job scouting out your bucks and filling the archery tags in a limited amount of time. That's something that not a lot of people can do on a year-to-year basis. Big pat on the back bro.

By my count, if Team XX was still intact, we'd be just a few inches off the contest lead! [:-]
Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are some pic.

My new puppy

Cool sun set the other day

Old 10-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a little story for you, I got to my stand a little late, work would not let me out on time again. Had been sitting for around 15 minutes and heard some crunching of leaves and twigs, This sounds like a deer for sure, next I hear some clanging and branches chatering.... sweet, this is a buck, it is still way to dark to see the animal that was around 40-50 yards out. I waited untill I could just make out my pins and put out a couple of grunts... he started comming my way instantly, branches cracking under his feet, then he appeared a little over 20 yrds out. I pulled back and found it very dificult to get a good visual and pin on him, sh!t, I let it rip.....tink ta tink and russel of leaves... I am not sure how many twigs my arrow hit that I could not see, the buck trotted of 10yrds and just started milling around. I waited close to 15 minutes, verified I could see all three pins and gave another two light grunts. He came back into a nice clear lane.. I ended up drawing three times, having dificulty seeing the pins on the kill zones. After drawing the third time and double looking many times I released the arrow. The deer dropped to its side and rolled to its back. I hit high and spined him. The arrow broke and deflected down and doing its job. This is the first time I have ever had an opportunity in such low light. I think next time I will wait my time and not depend on some sort of luck to get the job done. I would rather depend on skill and go without a deer. lesson learned!!!

Here are a few more pic. I have had on my camera...

Sure do need to clean out my butcher room!!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your deer and great story!

The PA weather is getting cold, so deer should be startin to chase the does.

Im gonna take my trail cam out next time im in the woods and place some Tinks 69 in front of it. Id like to see what kind of deer will be around next year (If they survive the orange army).
Old 10-31-2007, 07:53 PM

CONGRATS MARK,
That's a great story and I'll remember what you said should a low light opportunity present itself.
Hey, Inches are inches. That's what we need .As I said in the beginning , If we can all contribute we'll have a good shot.(no pun intended)
Good Job!!!
[/align][/align]I'm off all next week. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. It's supposed to drop into the 30's and 40's...Good rutting weather. It's been pretty slow otherwise. I've only seen 1 doe in my last 6 sits, so I'm looking for good things next week.[/align]How's everyone else?[/align]
Old 11-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats,Nice buck Mark.I've been out hunting hard.I've seen lots of does,a few small bucks 100 or so inches or less.The scrapes are going down heavy right now.I've seen no afternoon activity,just morning and evening.I've been sitting on two bedding areas.I had 10 does come out of there a couple of nights ago.Sooner or later something bigger will show up.I had to come in early tonight,my 12 year old popped his left knee out of place.Now I can't hunt tomorrow,I need to take him to a therapist in the morning.He down for a few days,but I'll be back out on Saturday.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the buck Mark! Hopefully the actions starts to pick up for the rest of us. I have the rest of the PA archery season off so my hopes are high.

Quick Reply: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.