Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 4-  Official  Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread >

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:17 PM

Default RE: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Brent ,
I am VERY impressed w/ that buck. You are 'da man. Big Congrats.

I hope this WIND quits soon. I had to get oout of my stand last night. I feared for my life.
I was out in it today. Saw some smaller bucks chasing does. No shooters yet.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys.My buck weighed in at 172 lbs. i'm gonna get him scored hopefully 2morrow after school andchecked in here.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

What a couple of days.I tried to stay out all day yesterday despite 30 mph winds.I did not make it.I only lasted untill 2.I only saw 1 buck and 2 does,and I saw them before the high winds started.
I hunted all day today.I saw 20 deer,4 were bucks.The largest was an 8 point around 100 iches or so.I've seen him 3 times now.I saw 4 mature does still packing their youngins.Those all day hunts are getting to be killers.I must be getting old.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Your right about the all day hunts being killers. I just finished my third in a row. Still beats even a half day at work though.
Finally saw a shooter buck today, but he was chasing a doe and never got close enough. I'm going to move my stand about 100 yard over and pack a lunch for tomorrow.
Only 3 days left here in PA. Good luck to everyone!!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys, We have 3 on the board and that puts us in 6th place. Lets keep it going!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

Not much to report today.I tried a different farm today.I could only hunt untill 1.I had a basket rack run a momma and her twins to me around eight.Atnine a 100 inch 8 pt.came thru and picked up their trail and followed them.No activity after 9 .This is a strange year.This funnel is normally covered in big rubs and lots of scrapes.This year there is hardly any rubs,there is lots of scrapes to keep the basket racks busy.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 PM

I just had the worst night of my bowhunting life. I was in one of my stands at 2:30. It was cold and a great west wind. Deer started to show up at 3:00.
First a fork horn , then a couple does , a spike and at 4:30 a wide racked buck shows up across the logging road in some slashings from a timber cut last year. I couldn't see the rack well , only the width at about 18-20".
He came into my rattling and buck growl's.
He wouldn't come across the road , I think because he didn't see the source ot the calling.
Away he went. It was close to quitting time and 2 more does came under me. Neither one offering a shot. I figured I'd take a doe if one would give me a shot.
At 5:00 a doe(or at least I thought so) came across the road from where the buck stood earlier. It walked to my right at 26 yards and stopped behind a small tree. I was at full draw and wainting for ti to take one step. As it did, I released. I heard the thwack, and the deer spun and ran 60 yards, stopped and just tipped over.
It was only a 3 minute episode and still 20 minutes of legal shooting light. But it was almost too dark to shot.
As I walked up to the deer I was in shock to see a 3 point. Damn , I just ended my chance for a buck this year.
I called the Game Commission immediately to report the MISTAKE kill , knowing full well a $25.00 fine and the year being buckless.
I can't believe I could not see the small horns. One side was a 5 inch nub. and the other 3 inches w/ a fork. They were light brown and not polished like the other small deer I've seen.
This afternoon I met 2 PGC officers at my home. I told them the story and to my surprise ,they REPLACED my buck tag and took the small buck. It cost me $25.00. I had a choice of that or keeping the deer , less the rack and no replacement tag. I took the former. I had to blow a day of hunting waiting for the PGC officers , but it was worth it.
I was afraid I let you guys down, but I'm going back out tomorrow to see if I can find that racked buck.

I felt I did the right thing under the circumstances and it paid off. The officer's told me that it happens to the best of archery hunters and they'd rather I did what I did than try to sneak the deer out of the woods or worse yet, let it lay. I guess honesty does pay off.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

You did the moral thing.Many would not have.The mistake can happen to any one.Tiny racks can just look like brush or weeds in low light.I know your bow season is almost over.I wish it was longer.I would go out and bow hunt my brothers lease after I fill my Oh tag.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:04 PM

Second Archery comes in on Dec. 26th until JAn. 12th.
Plus here at Treasure Lake we can archery hunt during the 2 weekfirearms season since this area is Archery Only.
I still have 5 weeks to go.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

His cabin is in Elk county,so it closes for the rest of rut for bear and than gun season.I have vacation scheduled to hunt the secound week of the rifle season.I don't know if I will hunt it or not.Everyone that wanted to go wussed out already.Not much fun to drive 4 1/2 hours to hunt by myself.

Quick Reply: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.