Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 4-  Official  Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread >

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 AM

Default RE: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Thanks Rob. Much apperciated.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Boy does that take some stress off my back.I thought the 60 degree temps was going to get me.I was trying to do to much to fast.The buck was dead for atleast 5 hours when I took the pictures.I was trying to get everything done and get him cooled down as soon as I could and did not have anyone to lend me a hand.So,thanks guys for the hand on the pictures.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

The story,As you all know I have put some big time hours in the stand trying to find a good buck.I just kept on searching and trying new areas.The funny part is,I took this buck from the ground,and on public land.
It had been raining off and on all night.The temps were a little warm as we started the morning in the 50's.I decided with the ground wet and quiet to leave my stand behind and still hunt and stalk my way through some AEP recreation lands.I waiting untill shooting light before starting my stalk.I had a north wind so the wind would be to my face as I stalked.I wanted to hunt the upper ridgelines to avoid swirling winds as much as possible.The woods are made up up thin benches,extremly thick with lots of small down timber.I stalked along going slow being careful not to step on the branches the covered the ground.I would stop everytime I came to a ridge saddle,find some cover,brush,tree,something to break my outline.After severial hours of stalking in that manor I spotted an area that just screamed bedding area.I backed off and circled above that bench.The was a deep ravine that separated the bench from the ridge above.The ridge was extremly thick,so I had to move slow,clipping green briars with hand clippers as I went,to keep them from grabbing my close and making noise.Approximately 40 yards into the thick area was a high spot,a mound left higher than the rest of the area.I spotted a tine move in the tall cover around it.I stopped and tried to glass the thicket for a better look,but could not get a good look at the buck.I slowly moved another 20 yards,that took what seemed like hours,the sweat was rolling down my back.I just kept waiting on the wind to swirl,and the buck catch my scent.Now I have a better look at the buck,he is only 30 yards away.Now it is decision time.There is no way to get an arrow into the buck as he beds,it was just to thick.Do I wait on him to get up,or attempt to force the issue and try to get him to stand.I decided to try and wait him out and hope the wind would not give me away.After what seemed like hours a mature doe stood up 10 yards in front of the buck.I had never seen her in the thick cover.Now the buck stands and the moment I had worked for all season was here.Every part of my body was hurting from trying to hold still for so long.I came to draw and released in only a secound or two,striking the buck right behind his left rear rib and the arrow made its exit at knee level at the right leg.A perfect shot ! The buck took off over the bench and disapeared,only to hear him crash a few secounds later.He only ran around 40 yards.I new he was a good buck with a good set of antlers on his head.Now how do I get this thing out of the woods.I have stalked well over a mile through supper thick cover.All I could do was head for the creek bottom below.The creek bottom was still a quarter mile away but would give me the levelest drag.4 hours later I get him to my truck.What an job that was.It was dark before I ever got him out of the woods.I wasone tired puppy.Sorry guys this got pretty long.The score is posted,145 7/8 gross inches.My best from the ground.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:43 PM

Wow what a great story. You deserve him. That buckis a just reward.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job guys!!!!!! very nice deer
Old 11-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the running guys!!! this should put us in 3rd place, and maybe less than 100 points out!!! great job!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

555 ish on the points
Old 11-17-2007, 05:37 AM

ORIGINAL: AR 34 eight point

555 ish on the points
That's the way I figurue it too.
We're doing well.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Mike;
Congrats again on the great looking buck.... and hope you get another good one this weekend with the gun.
It was nice visiting with you at the shop....... a friend of minestopped by after you left with a droptine monster he got yesterday, the thing must of weighed 325 and still had blackened velvet on his droptine he was magnificent... so they are there in Piatt County
Old 11-19-2007, 05:25 AM

Hi guys,
I'm going through withdrawl not being able to hunt for another week.
I'm pumped to get out again.
How's everyone doing?

Quick Reply: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.