Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 4-  Official  Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread >

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Hey guys. Hows everyones season goin?

Not much goin on down here in SW PA. I havn't had much time to do any scouting since school started, but still decided on stand locations based on past years. For the opener, Ill be sitting in an old apple orchard where I shot my first buck 2 years back. Theres heavy deer activity in the area, and its easy to access. I also got some good news. I was talkin to a property owner that lives right up the road. He said he has seen 3 or 4 nice bucks runnin around the area. Man opening day cant get here soon enough![>:]

Geno, Id like to see a picture of that 24" spread 8 point, preferrably with you sitting behind it![&:]

Old 09-05-2007, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHunter46
Geno, Id like to see a picture of that 24" spread 8 point, preferrably with you sitting behind it![&:]

You're not the only one.
He's not real thick but pretty tall. He should go 140's.
Oh God !!! Sept 29th is coming.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would be a nice wall hanger. Get some picx. up so we can see it.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:56 AM

ORIGINAL: AR 34 eight point

That would be a nice wall hanger. Get some picx. up so we can see it.
I'll see what I can do. I don't have a trail cam , but this is a good excuse to get one.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 AM

I'm going moose hunting in a week. Is there anyway I can slip a moose score into this contest?[:@] After-all, its just a big deer.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: WomBeasel

I'm going moose hunting in a week. Is there anyway I can slip a moose score into this contest?[:@] After-all, its just a big deer.
works for me , but I don't think Rob will see it that way.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

We tried that last year with a record book reindeer.It did not work for us.
I have not got much done around here.I've been checking out some airial photos looking for stand sites.I've wanted to slip in mid day for a peek,but 90 degree temps have slowed me down on that.Plus I've been dealing with the insurance company junk on my work truck.They are going to total it.The estimate was just under $2500 to fix it.Now I'm waiting on appraisal amount on my truck for the settlement.I did catch a few catfish Tuesday night.Nothing big,the largest was just over 8 lbs,but it was fun.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:27 PM

Any of you shoot a Bowtech?
Old 09-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer58

Any of you shoot a Bowtech?
Man I wish!

As of right now, Im stuck with that old Bear bow (posted pix a couple weeks ago).

What other bows have you shot? Ive heard that, when it comes to bows, you get what you pay for.When I do get a new bow next year, Id like to get something thats a good quality without spending a fortune, but I also dont want a cheap piece of junk.

Im thinkin about buyin a new Fred Bear Instinct or Element. Ive heard good reviews about them, and the price is hard to beat compared to other brands.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:22 PM

I just ordered a Bear Instinct for a customer and friend of mine. I 'll let you know how it stacks up.
I think I'm going to sell my Tribute. Too hard to tune. Cam lean is excessive, and you can't use a drop away w/o retwisting/untwisting cables.I've spent the whole summer (no kidding) trying to get the thing to group bh's and fp's.
I will probably try a Darton AS300 or possibly a Hoyt Vulcan.Maybe I'll stick w/ the Black Ice and Trykon. ??? I don't know.

Quick Reply: 4- Official Team Trick'em 'n Stick'em Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.