Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 9-Official The Dream Team Thread >

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 9-Official Team Thread

Lady forge, after reading your having the flu story, it's almost got me feeling bad [8D]i think you implanted a sublimital message in there good luck this season.

in da woods, how you been buddy? hope you connect as well.

antler eater, that pic is so you I like the name Wilson that mobow mentioned congrats on the bull.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wellwith opening day having come and gone and the day after its time for some rest
Opening morning I headed to University Of Illinois Allerton Park where I was needing to take a Doe before I can take a Buck... So with the Doe with Twins that came as close as only 47 yards , then a Spike followed by a decent 8 point buck whom of course was the only one to present me with a 22 yard shot, I left empty handed........ My husband was also there hunting a different part of the park and he saw 0, Zip, Nothing[:'(]
So with the evening hunt still to come we decided to try another tactic, we headed out to the area of my morning stand but he hung a stand about 45 yards from my morning stand and I headed off a little farther east with my climber.
Come about sunset time my husband had 2 does come into 20 yards from him and his arrow founds it's mark resulting in him taking a doe
So come Oct 2nd I decided to bowhunt the some area of my previous mornings stand but about 50 yards farther into the thicket......... and come decent light I had a Doe come into 5 yards from me and had to wait until I had a clear shot at her broadside at 29.5 yards , so I drew and YEEEEEEEEPEEEE... Ishot my doe
So now I am Buck Hunting the park property...... Sorry no pic's but between the heat and the time it took to drag her out, field dress her and get the Bio samples they take from the deer and I needed to open the bow shop at 10:00am We just forgot to take pictures[:@]
Old 10-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice to hear, at least you drew first blood for the year. Congrats on the doe and good luck on the buck.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

I'm stopping by to let everyone know that Saturday is our opener here in Oklahoma. I will be able to hunt all day Saturday and on the Monday holiday!! Wish me luck!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Congratulations on the doe Lady Forge! Good luck on your buck now!

I awoke to thunderstorms on Tuesday morning and did not want to risk it with the lightning. I did get out yesterday morning and evening. I had 4 does, 2 within 15 yards, by me in the morning. The only problem was that they showed up 15-20 minutes before daylight. Last night I saw a doe, and what appeared to be a pretty decent buck. With all of the leaves on the trees, and the dense area I was in, I didn't get to see much of him. He had a good sized body, but I will have to wait to see him again to know much more. They were both about 50 yards away when I saw them. I will have to wait until next week now to try again. I hope everyone else is having some luck!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations Lady Forge, way to go on that doe!!!

I have been out but have not seen anything I wanted to drag out of the woods by myself yet.

Go Dream Team!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

I got my first doe of the year last night.....................with my car! The first deer I have ever hit. I will be going out tonight to try and hit one broadside with a broadhead. I need some good ol' venison to ease my pain!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:57 PM

Congrats Lady Forge! Them does R good eatn'! Hopefully I'll be out Monday night. Ryan good luck w/your trip. Has anyone scored a buck yet? Good news, I just put up a ladder stand on some private land, & it turns out that there's a set of 6 rubs about 20yds away. Trimmed up some shootin' lanes. Hopefully there's a big boy doing that. Talk 2 U all soon.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

I went straight from work last night to the stand. I didn't see anything until right at dark. 2 does walked to the bottom of my tree. They had no clue I was there. I arose to shoot one, and I couldn't see my sight pins. I will be trying again soon. The stars should be aligning any day now.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

With the effort I see being put forth by my teammatesI would say there are some bucks that are "dead men walking" right now....

I continue to put up stands in preparation for the rut.... I have let four "baby bucks" walk so far, one was even grunting and putting the chase on some does. He was a basket six point so he was just feeling "hormonal" but didn't know what to do about it .

Keep up the good work team.

Quick Reply: 9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.