Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 34 - Official Team "Nocked Up" Thread >

34 - Official Team "Nocked Up" Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

34 - Official Team "Nocked Up" Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 34 - Official Team "Nocked Up" Thread

Geesh thats terrible news Mom! Take care of that leg.

Nice job Teejay!

I have two more mornings to hunt a decent 8 pt. and a huge 10 pt. in one of my areas before firearms weekend[]. I may have to slip into the 10 pts. bedding area before daylight and hunt from the ground hoping he shows up. He mostly runs a route that affords no available trees for using a stand.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:45 PM

Hi guys
CONGRATULATIONS TJ !!!! Nice buck.

About 6 days after I broke my leg, I talked Ron into setting up a ground blind for me at the edge of a corn field. He put a decoy out front for me...which I have never used before. I had a small doe come out about 80 yards away...on my right. I deceided to mess with her, so I hit my grunt call twice. Well, here comes bucky, all pissed off at the decoy, he came in at 17 yards on my right side....to witch the window was open less than 2 inches. He stood there for about 5-6 minutes and I had no prayer of getting the window open any further. Besides, I was using my walker as a bow rest. It was a real thrill for 5-6 minutes though. We set another blind up in a different field and I have got to go out 5 times now....no luck. I love bow hunting.
Thankfully I have a wonderful loving husband that will do what ever it takes so that I will get to hunt.
It's gun season right now here in Missouri. We came home for a few days and then we will be back at the farm. Ron is looking for a couple of 200 plus, that we have seen, with his rifle. Think I will stay in my ground blind with my Hoyt.
I have until Jan. 15th so there is still hope.
The leg is doing great so far....I have a new cast and as long as I stay off of it, I will not have to have surgery.....no problem there.
Good luck to all of you guys and again Congratulations TJ...way to go.
Diann
Old 11-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well sorry bout your mis fortunes mom. I didnt catch it in your earlier post. But go get em Diann, we need a couple more entries!
Old 11-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

So the rest of you guys hunting or what?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im going out everyday and have been seen mad amounts of does
Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bucks will show my friend they will show.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys me and my bro both shot button bucks this weekend. Were kinda upset they had nubs butit happens i guess. Stories and pix to come latr.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:41 PM

Made it back. Good and bad luck. Bad luck was not closing the deal properly on a monster 8 pt. Sunday the 12th. Saw him 5 days later from another of my stands. He's doin' well as he was chasing a doe that evening.

I hunted that same stand the following morning, which would turn out to be my last morning of my 10 day hunt.

That 8pt didn't show, but this 11 pt non-typical did. He wasn't nearly as big as the 8, but the junk on his left side helped me decide fairly quickly.

He hit the base of my tree and worked up to a dim road above me, actually we were almost level at that time. My stand is set at 35 feet because of the steep angle of the hollow I was hunting.

On that dim road was a scrape which I doctor'd up the day before. He hock pissed in the scrape and needed to take that one step forward to clear a sapling which blocked his vitals. He took the step and I took the shot.

I'll post a second pic of him as it shows what I'm talking about regarding his left side. It's hard to determine if he has 2 main beams on his left side. Depending on what constitutes a "tine" or additional beam will decide. His g-1 is weird and the back of it may constitute a beam it is attached to the back of it. Making the second point (possibly a main beam) 17". The true main beam looks normal. I guess one could look at it as possibly 3 beams on his left side. Doubt it though, as I'm unclear as to what attributes additional beams scoring a non-typ.

You guys look at it and give me your opinion. I'll be speaking with an official scorer later this week.

I gross scored him at 141". He'll only net in the area of 115". I personally don't care about net as my signature eludes to.

All in all a great season. Saw a ton of bucks, chasin' was happening, then it shut down as the does hit that lock down period, then things exploded again.

Hope everyone is having as great of a season as I've had.

A couple doe tags to go and that'll end it for me in '07.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:45 PM

Ok, here's the second pic showing a better angle of his rack.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome man. How could you turn that one down? We are cooking with gas now.

Quick Reply: 34 - Official Team "Nocked Up" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.