Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread. >

7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

DaveC- I think my friends cams are the 4 MPixel Moultrees. He had the cams out for about a week and a half and said the batterys were still at 80%. I wouldnt worry about how much memory they take if you get a 1M card, thats alot of pics.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

How many is a lot?

My highest count to date is 1174 pics on my bushnell and that was with a 286 card (the cam is only a .33 mp thanks to the crafty advertising on the package "1mp cam (through interpolation[:'(]")= your only getting .33 mp unless you buy some software that might as well not exist).

The highest on my 1 mp camera has been in the upper 600's (694 I think it was)and thecard wasn't full yet. Maybe you are on onto something. I haven't filled a 286 card with either of my cameras and I leave them out for 1-2 weeks at a time.

I still wonder how many pics the 4 mp will fit on a 1 mp card.
If storage space became an issue I'm pretty sure my moultree has a photo quality option (high= highest resolution, low= lower resolution)
I take many a pic of squirrels, coons, crows, does and pigs.

The battery life you stated does make it sound better.

If I was getting pics of bucks I'd be all over a new camera. But when the only pics I can get are of does and pigs it pulls a little fun out of it.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

All i have is does and fawns my self, barredrock, I bought the 100 dollar moultrie at walmart and it works great, this a picture from it
Old 09-01-2007, 09:06 PM

well i went out this morning... and it just had to be the windiest day in the world. lol. all we saw was a small year and a half year old buck. i know the big bucks are still in the area. if the wind will die down they will come out of the corn im hoping, and walk the creek bed im hunting. Im gettin up in the mornin and if its real windy im gonna try my luck at some dove hunting. what ever happens ill report back.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Higgy, so deer season is open where you hunt?
At least you saw a buck. I can't wait for that first deer of the year to come into bow range.
I'm going later today to hang a lock on and put up a tripod. I just hope I'm not intruding too much this close to season.
I'll be working Sept 15-29th straight so there will be at least a 2 week coling off period before I can hunt the area.

I'll be pulling another card today too. I've got my fingers crossed for a buck pic.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just hung a stand in someones back yard, lol. I hear there are some nice bucks around there. If I don't end up competing with this other guy that has permission, I think that spot might pay off for me this year. I'll be using my climber and possibly a ground blind in that area this year too, but I've got a good feeling aboutthat hang on. Hopefully, I'll tag a doe in CT before the season even opens up here in RI, got about 2 weeks for the CT season to open.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

I just put my trail cam at my folks house, they have over 20 acres of fields and hay, surrounded by thousasnds of acres of woods, hopefully I will be able to spot a nice buck their, it is in the most prime hunting county in maine, and I set up next to a wild apple tree, so in a couple of days I will hopefully have some good pictures.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great spot dmen. Where in Maine are you? I've never been up that way even though its probably only a few hours drive for me.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

I live in new Gloucester, which is about 30 miles north of Portland, but I hunt mostly in north central Maine at my folks house or a couple of friends camps. I saw your post on the hang stands from a certain sporting goods store, I looked at those with the climbing sticks for 29.95, are they worth the investment, I was concerned about the size of the platform?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hung the stand on Sunday and sat in it for a few minutes. It seemed more comfortable than it looks, but I wasn't in it for very long. The platform is small, but it seems to be big enough. I really won't be able to tell you more until early October sometime after I sit in it fora few hours.

Quick Reply: 7-Official Team Lucky Bucks Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.