Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

hey you guys its me and in about 5 hrs this kids opening day will have started and ill be an active hunter part of the team anyways ill check in tommorow about 10:00 till then hunt with your face to the wind
Old 10-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I didnt get one, but my 75 yr old father did.. Here's the pic..I sat with him last night, and didn't see much, but i did get a photo of the buck I'm after at my stand an hour after dark of course.. But I really think I know where he's coming from now... He looks likea GOOD buck.. I'd post the pic, but you really need to look hard to see his right side of his rack..

Old 10-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Typical Buck

That young buck has some mass on him. Congrats to your dad, how great that must be to share that with him. As far as the other buck could you tell anything about his rack?

Nathan, it's here man. Have fun tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

No i really couldn't Only that he has 4 points forsure on his right side.. The second pic i got of him, makes rack look even bigger, but its so hard to see and blurry... We'll just wait until he's on the ground , then we'll judge his rack. How's that sound??
Old 10-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

that sounds good mathewsboy, well you guys opening morning was a bust i saw only 3 does at about 300yds and i had a few sneak through behind my stand out of range but im feeling good about tonight and i think that ill get one (i hope)
Old 10-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

No i really couldn't Only that he has 4 points forsure on his right side.. The second pic i got of him, makes rack look even bigger, but its so hard to see and blurry... We'll just wait until he's on the ground , then we'll judge his rack. How's that sound??
Can't argue with that. Nathan, was it great to be in the tree this morning?

Dave, how did yesterday go?
Old 10-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Morning everyone,
Had a good sit this morning.I saw 8 or 9 deer,seven I could identify as doe's or yearlings.Two of the deer I couldn't identify,they were at a distance of 90 to 100 yards and all I could see was them filtering through the trees.The squirrels had it raining acorns like I have never seen before.At one point I actually thought it was raining there was so many acorns coming down in the surrounding oaks.
It was a nice way to start the season.I will be back out this afternoon in a different location with my nephew.He wanted to come out this morning but I didn't think his first archery hunt should have him getting situated in a tree in the dark,I would rather have him be able to see his surroundings and do everything to get settled in day light.
Congratulations to your dad Brad! A great thing to be able to share!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Good afternoon. Nothing new with me. I havn't seen any bucks yet, but it's bound to happen soon.

Other great map resources are county gis maps. The one for my county has everything. It has satellite/topo, all the roads and such, with all property lines. It even tells you the owner, size, etc. of the property. Its a great tool for finding somewhere to hunt.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your dad mathewsboy, i bet he was pumped.

Sounds like you had a good morning hunt Tsoc.

Other great map resources are county gis maps
How do i find that badger? i tried to google it but i cant find nothing
you dont have the link by chance do you?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

hey you guys the winds got to be going at about 30 mph's here and thats making me worry that my evening spot will be crappy but hey you never now and ive got to try i saw a six pointer and some does enter the feild where im going to climb so lets hope that this works im literally praying to all the hunting gods above that this wind doesnt have to bad of a effect on the deer

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.