Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread >

8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Yea, We have missed you and about half of the rest of the team.
It's always nice to hear how other peoples seasons are progressing.
Glad to hear the fiance took a buck. It's good to get the significant others involved. Glad to hear your seeing a shooter. I wish you best of luck.

I think we are in about 12th place right now, if you and Dan both score on 140" deer, we would probably be in 2nd or 3rd. It's not over until its over guys. Never give up, just stop and get your batteries recharged with a hunting show once in a while and you will be good to go.
Scott
Old 11-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

All, I just sent some PM's to some of the guys we haven't heard from in a while. I don't know if we need to use our alternate or not.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Sorry i havent checked in for a while. Things have been very slow in my neck of the woods thus far. i have passed on many bucks this season but none have met my personal standards. It seems all the two and three year olds from last season have completely disappeard with only two being spotted, one being in the high 140's and one that my grandfather shot during gun season that might break 130. So far i have yet to see the 140 with my own eyes but he has been seen two times in the past two weeks so my hopes are still high. Hopefully the two week break after gun season will allow him to settle back into old routines.

Honestly i havent been out hunting as much as i have in seasons past. Between school and work i can usually only get out 1 or 2 times a week. It has been quite a crazy year school-wise for me.

Hopefully we'll get an extremly cold and hard december this year, which will force the bucks to start to feed. Right now this is my only option for getting a buck this year.

Good Luck to the rest of the International Harvesters

PS: Dave, Congratulations on such a great buck.

PPS: Dave, since your not going to need any more luck or skill this season, please mail whatever you have left to me.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

jonnyslim, Thanks for the update. Congratulations to your grandfather.
Maybe you can top it by taking that 140 class. Good Luck to you!
Old 11-30-2007, 05:33 PM

jonny
It's in the mail buddy!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Since the PA rifle season came in on 11/26, we just haven't been seeing any deer activity. We are supposed to get a couple inches of snow tomorrow. Maybe that will change things.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:17 PM

Late bow season opens back up here in WI tomorrow. I have until Jan 6 to tag a good one. With the ammount of snow and the cold temps here lately it should be a great late season.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Here's wishing you the best of Luck Dan. I've always enjoyed the 2nd season, especially with cold temperatures and snow on the ground. You can always find them on the food sources. I didn't take my PA buck until the 1st week in January. He was coming into the food source.
Good Luck to everyone else and never give up.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Here's a picture of my youngest sons 1st deer. He just turned 11 on the 6th. He was one excited little man. I think he must of had about 15 layers of clothes on that morning.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:29 PM

A fantastic deer for your boy and a congratulations to the proud papa.

Quick Reply: 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.