Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

41-Official Team Rut Junkies

Old 11-13-2007, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 41-Official Team Rut Junkies

Well guys that are still hunting, are you seeing any rutting activity right now? Im board, taged out, and this is my last day of vacation then i got to go back to work []any one got an extra tag they want to get rid of keep stabin at it guys and good luck to all of you.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

This past weekend, I saw more bucks than any other weekend so far. I watched a mature but odd racked buck following a doe in a field, making a couple rubs and scrapes along the way. Saw a descent sized 8pt with a forked G-2. He was one of those borderline shooters. It'd be a nice one to take, but if he had one more year he'd be something special. Had another buck with a nice frame walk only 25 yards from me broadside, but it was too dark to shoot. If he would have came by just 20 minutes later it would have been a done deal.

So unfortunately, not opportunities to shoot any bucks more than 2 1/2 years old. But I'll be headed out again Saturday morning. It'll happen sooner or later

Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Archery season ended last saturday.[&o]Gotta wait till rifle season to break out the bow again. I have been trapping furbearers since sunday and so far have caught 2 coons and a possum.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kansas: it just sounds like a matter of time, hope you still have alot of season left, and good luck!

Crazedbowhunter: hang in there, how long is rifle season?
Man, you mentioning trapping brought back many memories. I used to eat sleep and breath trapping and loved it. mainly coon, mink and a ton of muscrats, i loved the water trapping. on occasion fox and yotes and those pesty oppossums.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

2 weeks starting the 26th of this month. Then if i dont get my buck then i have a month or two starting the day after christmas, and i just started trapping this year. Both coons easily go XL which should bring a decent amount. Been trying to trap fox and coyote but it has been raining off and on for the last week. Seems like the coons like the rain though. I got a coyote last year with my in line muzzleloader at 10 feet while sitting on the ground!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Spike

Well guys to bad we have to enter our first buck. I took another 9 pt this morning. I haven't scored him yet but he is much bigger.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can we be on the same team next season That is a beast, you have had a hell of a season congrats to you.
how close are you to mt. carmel Ill? My buddy lives there and took two 160" bucks 8 minutes apart the other day
got to love those Ill bucks (midwest rules)
Old 11-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome, Congrats on the Buck!!! You sure are having a Great Season!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats IL! Today while checking traps saw 4 deer, 1 doe and 3 different bucks. Themonster 8 pointi have been chasing, a medium sized 8 point on our place, and a 6 point on our place.And next chance i get at them isn't till the 26th[&o]
Old 11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody herd from Atlas and score on his buck?

Quick Reply: 41-Official Team Rut Junkies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.