Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

41-Official Team Rut Junkies

Old 10-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 41-Official Team Rut Junkies

gonna be 80 here all weekend[:@]Oh well, i am goin for the first good sized doe tomorrow
Old 10-05-2007, 11:16 AM

I'm heading out tonight for my second weekend hunting. Saw one doe last time, but I hope that I will have better luck this weekend. Hopefully I can put some points on the board and if nothing else get some meat for the freezer. Wish me luck!
Old 10-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck Guys! The weekend is getting close
Old 10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

saw a heavy bodied buck today at 10:30am. Bad part was i was walking out with my arrows in the quiver, I put a tree between us as soon as i saw bone on top of his head. Nocked an arrow and peaked around the tree and he wasn't there, looked to my left to see him running through the woods with a decent rack on his head. I didnt get a good look at it but it looked to have at least 8 points with a 17-19 inch spread. Long tines, going for him tomorrow hope he is till there. Good luck everyone this weekend, lets put some points on the board.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hope you get him crazed

Its been sweltering HOT [:@]Here right now. I have seen only one doe so far, and a boat load of turkeys, walked under a roost this morning, it scared the bajesus out of me I have been finding more dead deer than i have been seeing. They just are not moving right now.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

saw the 8 points little brother today at the exact same time, 10:30. I saw him out along a corn field where the first 12 rows were chopped for silage. He saw me the exact time i saw him because of how thick it was, at 15 yards.[&o]It's too hot here, i said screw it with the evening hunt.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's too hot everywhere to hunt. Upper 80's here. Good sauna weather but not hunting, deer not moving here until dark. I am going to spend some time looking for more properties.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

me checking in. I almost let the air out of a Doe this morning, I was just getting ready to draw, then she decided to swap ends, and feed back the direction she came from, oh well. Had a button buck around me for an hour as well. Im hearing, believe it or not, a turkey gobble every morning that i go out. Im seeing alot of them as well. come on cool weather.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Temp supposed to drop about 30 degrees in the next 3 days here!!!!! I am almost as giddy as a schoolgirl.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:55 PM

I didnt see anything this past weekend. I hunted a spot that i hadnt hunted since opening weeked last year and when i walked up the hill i saw a deer bed about 50yrds from my stand placement. I thought it was a good sign but didnt really want to be that close to a bedding area. Well the evening went by with nothing to show for and when i went to climb down all i heard was something running away. Sounded heavy as it was running. I hope I didnt mess up that area. It never snorted so that is good I guess. Now I have to find a spot where I can catch him before dark. I'll be back at it this weekend in my hometown.

Quick Reply: 41-Official Team Rut Junkies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.