Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

41-Official Team Rut Junkies

Old 08-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 41-Official team 41 thread

Yep, those are beans. It's been a good year farming with all of the moisture, so the crops are looking good.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

sounds very promising, good luck to you. believe it or not, in all my years of hunting i have never hunted the edge of a standing corn field Im giving it a shot this season, will be hanging a stand this weekend between bedding area and field edge.
ORIGINAL: kshunter

Yep, those are beans. It's been a good year farming with all of the moisture, so the crops are looking good.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great spot Dan. To tell you the truth, I've never hunted over corn either. Around here it's usually only planted on irrigation river-bottom, which isn't land I hunt.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

I'm gonna have to do the same this year. Corn on all sides of the 50 acre woods.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks blood. Leaving at 4:30 am for the airport. When I get back I have to get to work on some more stands. I'll post pics when I get back if I can.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just curious how many on out team butcher there own deer? I have done mine for years, steaks, roast, cubes to fry, cut some jerky meat. But i save a little to get salami, or baloni made elswhere.

any one hanging stands yet??
Old 08-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I butcher almost all of my game every year as well. I usually bring one into the locker though, to get specialty stuff made. I leave most of my stands up year around. I check them out good before using them, just to make sure they're still secure. But otherwise I have a pair of lonewolf hang-on's that I always take down and I'll move around and try out some new spots.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awh, lone wolfs. are they as good as they look?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

Me and my dad butcher our deer. We both have Lone wolf climbers and they work really good for us. They are really quiet. No we havn't hung any stands b/c the place we are hunting this year will steal your stands if you leave them up. And i mean they will bring their climber the whole way back just to steal them, thats part of the reason whywe buy ourhang-onsfor $30 a peice.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

That would really get to me if someone stole one of my stands. I have been very lucky to never have one stolen. I did have some one steal my steps one time but not the stand.
ORIGINAL: crazedbowhunter

Me and my dad butcher our deer. We both have Lone wolf climbers and they work really good for us. They are really quiet. No we havn't hung any stands b/c the place we are hunting this year will steal your stands if you leave them up. And i mean they will bring their climber the whole way back just to steal them, thats part of the reason whywe buy ourhang-onsfor $30 a peice.

Quick Reply: 41-Official Team Rut Junkies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.