Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread >

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 18 - Official Team 18 Thread

Looks like we are all in but Sumhuter. I'm not sure what the captain duties are, but if nobody else volunteers, I'd be glad to serve. I was going to vote for Rick James if he wanted it.

Lot of good names there GT, so let's get everyone to weigh in.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly on the whole captain thing, it doesnt' matter to me much. Lots of great names there I think too........

What about Horn Stars? [8D]
Old 08-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Horn Stars is pretty funny. We could probably get some real swanky cool theme music.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:26 PM

So just thought i would let yall in on what i am seein with the cams.

This one is from the local farm here in SE wisconsin

Old 08-14-2007, 09:33 PM

And this group is from the Upper land in Bowler wi

Good luck and be safe!
Theinespines

Old 08-14-2007, 10:35 PM

Rack-a-maniacs is catchy and sounds, Antler Anarchist was the team name that someone came up with last yearthat we used on my old team as well and is different too. Horn stars sounds funny, would just vote for that since I know some people would get a bad case of the shakes with us calling them horns and not antlers! LOL!! Would be funny to see there reaction to it!Kelly orRick can be captain it really does not matter to me. Just who ever does it make sure you like to post alot to keep the team going and alive. I was team Captain last year but did not like having to feel like I needed to reply to everyones post and keep things spiced up. As captain you do not have to do much. The only thing you may have to do is settle a argument orvote on whenpeople decide not to read thecontest rules and help decide if we should bend them and not be firm. You boys can have as much fun with itas you want! LOL!! And Rick, whats up with your Avatar pic? I always shake my head when I see that pic in your post!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:54 PM

Also forgot to do a intro. As you may see in the profile I live in Northwest Ohio and around here I would say it is maybe 90% farmland and 10% woods in my county and the surrounding counties. So things like corn and beans do not help the hunt for me, only give the deer a place to hide and go out into the middle of! I work swing shift for Dow Chemical so you will see me post at all hours of the dayor nightand sometimes make lots of post on the weekends and sometimes make none if it is my weekend to work. I am 31 and live in a unbiased stateand have been using a CB since I was sixteen and deer hunting since I was nine. I have a Martin Dreamcast that I play with from time to time but can not bust nocks with it like i can with my Excal Vortex. Did not take a buck last year since I bought a Cuddeback cam and thought I wasgood enough to pass on deer and passed up some nice eights trying for a real nice main frame nine with two kickers on it. Only seen him up close during the youth gun season and I was unarmed! Go figure! I am not going after amassive rack, but also not interested in shooting a small sixpointer either, no offense if any has shot a six pointer. Ihave two nice eights on the wall and one in the shed and a small six point myself so I would like to take something bigger, but not interested in going away empty handed either! So what does everyone else do or think? What is everyones hunting experience and age?Age does not matter, just curious. I have seen alot ofyoung hunters out talk and prove points to some old guys alot and always enjoy seeing it!

Sorry so long, I like to talk to people I will never meet! LOL!!
Old 08-15-2007, 01:02 AM

Well I am 22 at the end of the month and am in Wisconsin. I go to UW Milwaukee and am working towards an elementary edu. degree...two years left.

I am shooting a new....well used, but new to me, Bow logic 34 at 70 pounds.

Yet to take a deer with a bow after 5 years, but hopefully this year.
Pines
Old 08-15-2007, 09:50 AM

Maybe this year you can connect. If I counted from the time I was nine it took me ten, but did not get serious about deer hunting and separating my self from the pumpkin parade ( Ohio's Gun Season ) until I was sixteen when dad bought me my CB. Was nineteen when I shot my first deer, a button buck! But will have to give alot of that credit to my brother since he put me in the right spot and I just had to wait for the sunset showdown!! LOL!!

Are you hunting from a stand or hunting from the ground in or out of blinds Pines? When I was around 23 or so a friend put me in a tree and my deer sightings doubled if not tripled after that and have been in the trees ever since!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Kelly would be a good choice for captain

Quick Reply: 18 -Official Team Rack-a-Maniacs Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.