Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Great picture palmergt3. You are right, that is a big body spike. BTW - Your Huskers had a close one this past weekend against Ball State, probably too close for comfort. Then again, my Badgers struggles with the Hawkeyes. That was the game I needed them to win more that any. Since I moved to Iowa, I work with all Hawk fans and since I still bleed Red & White....it would have been a long week if Wisconsin would have lost.

About 6 more days until my season opens...although it has been so warm here I probably wouldn't have gone much anyways.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Good news ... I hung a stand on Sun. and happened to drive by it yesterday and there was an 8 pointer and 2 does almost directly under it.... I just hope he's there in 2 weeks.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

well after it being 80 degrees yesterday and having to come home early the storm that came in last night has dropped the temps into the low 60's but the kicker is now my wife has a massive headache and doesn't feel good so there goes my hunting for this evening!! good thing the season goes until january 1st that gives me plenty of time for headaches and illness!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Palmer, I hear ya on the temps, it wasin the mid 80's yesterday and today, did not see anything either evening hunt.
Tomorrow is supposed to be back in the mid to upper 80's but temps are supposed to drop towards the end of the week.

For some reason my wife only gets headaches around bedtime

After 20plus years of marriage and 2 kids I still have not figured that one out. [8D]
Old 09-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Less than one week for me until season starts. I probably won't get to hunt much until the following weekend.The real pisser is thats the youth firearm season here, too. I get to start my archery season out wearing hunter orange.[:'(]
Old 09-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

button that sucks bad!! not only do you have to weat hunter orange but your deer get to be spooked early and are skiddish for the rest of the year. Rifle season here in NE isn't until the middle of nov so that isa good thing but of course it is scheduled for right in the prime rut time gotta cater to them gun hunters!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Got out early this morningaround 7:45amhad a small forkie come within 20 yards, gave him a pass for this year as well.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I guess I forgot to update. Last weekend my uncle didn't fill his tag. We chased one bear on Saturday and one on Sunday, both wouldn't tree. We sawthe bear on Saturday running across the road with the dogs seconds behind him. Thats the only bear we seen all weekend. Weekend wasn't all wasted though, grilled some of my deer and did some grouse hunting. I haven't bowhunted in over a week and since its a full moon out I don't think I'll be up in a tree any time soon. Duck season opens up on Saturday so that will be all weekend.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

IR that is a nice looking over under. I can not wait for my annual pheasant hunting trip to SD 23 days and counting. going to get some bow hunting in while I am up there to a buddy that I hunt his land says he has already seen a few nice bucks while he was combining and the pheasants are thick as flies so it should be a great time!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any news from anyone. My season starts Monday but because of work, I have to wait another week. I plan on going out Sunday to check my cameras. I'll post anything worthy.

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.