Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 Thread

I have always been a hardcore whitetail hunter....BUT last year I tried waterfowl and I think that I am hooked pretty bad. I'm actually looking foreward to hunting waterfowl more right now than I am deer.[:@] But that will probably change once I get out to my area hunting doves and geese and start to see some nice deer.

Mitch
Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

I actually just started bow hunitng about 3 yrs ago, and love every minute of it , but I also am into pheasant and upland bird hunting quite a bit we go up to SD every year to put a good whoppin on some ring necks!! Other than that if it is not hunting season you can usually find me on a softball field somwhere.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Other than that if it is not hunting season you can usually find me on a softball field somwhere.
Makes two of us. Play league 3 nights a week, and shoot an archery league another night. Needless to say, by the end of summer, I wife is getting tired all the running. I just say...' Suck it up. It's too bad because it is only getting started...bowhunting is just around the corner...so deal with it.'

Ok Ok Ok I don't say it like that. It is more like....'sorry hunny, how about we have a date night Saturday night to make up for all the running.' In the back of my head I'm thinking....I hope it isn't a late date night Saturday night because I have to wake up early Sunday and bowhunt. [:-]
Old 08-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

yeah during the summer I am at the ball fields sunday night through thursday night and then tournaments usually every weekend starting late june I think this year alone i played over 300 games of softball. Fall ball starts next week but I told the wife that I was only going to play 2 nights a week this fall, when she asked why only two nights I told her so I can spend the other nights sitting in a treestand
Old 08-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome pics.
I mostly hunt whitetail.
Did go turkey hunting for the first time this yearand had a great time.

I play softball as well, however they are starting a new league, called the "old farts league" that I will be eligible to play in this year.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone hunting one specific deer this season? I've seen a 120-125" buck hanging around in my area. I know where he is bedding at the moment, and if his patterns don't change, I'll be after him come October.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

sideways there is one plus about playing in the seniors at least you get to legally swing the ultra II(hottest bat ever made!!)

button buck I have seen a nice 6x6 and a nice 5x5 on the property that I hunt so hopefully I can see either one of them this year we put up a new stand wher we seen that 6x6 a few times last year so hopefully it works out
Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Softball here to. Duh look at the username... Not so much as I used to. I used to play league 2 nights a week and play tournament travel ball 3 weekends a month... That kind of wore me out though, then I got married and realized that every one of the guys I played tournament ball with were divorced and most of that had a lot to do with softball. The final straw was when I saw one of my teammates little girls maybe 4-5 at one of thetournaments (it was his weekend with her) sitting in the rain all weekend and upset because she just wanted to be with her daddy. I looked at the guy and said what the Hell are you doing here. Go home with your little girl. I stopped tourny ball after that season and just play league now. but it sure allows for a lot more fall hunting hahaha
Old 08-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The final straw was when I saw one of my teammates little girls maybe 4-5 at one of thetournaments (it was his weekend with her) sitting in the rain all weekend and upset because she just wanted to be with her daddy.

Wow. I can't say I play that serious. I guess our team motto shows that....'Win or Loose, we still booze'

I don'thunt one particular buck. Sure there are bucks that I would love to see walk by my stand, but I won't limit myself to that particular buck. If I did, I would be setting myself up for disappointment. I simply shoot whatever makes me happy. Of course I generally pass on the little guys, but if a 14" 8 pointer walks by me, and I will be proud to take him, I probably would. Especially this year. I started getting more and more into taxidermy. I typically do quite a few European mounts but a couple months ago I tried my first shoulder mount. It didn't turn out too bad...but I'm excited to do more because I know I can do better. So I am always looking for good specimen to practice on.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

zubba if I shoot a decent buck this year we might have to meet in the middle of IA and you can get some more practice!!!

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.