Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:28 PM

Default RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

Hey guys,

Did a little scouting tonight, sat up on the edge of a alfalfa field that was just cut today. The deer were comming out of the area I was discussing earlier that I was thinking about setting my camera up in and into the alfalfa field and then moving into the standing corn. I saw 11 deer in the field this evening, 4 bucks and 7 doe. Two nice bucks but nothing too great, both were 8 points that looked to be in the 115"-120" range. Nice deer but they need another year or two. I did notice the the big white oak that sticks out where the corn and alfalfa meet was absolutely loaded with acorns, it looks like we are gonna have a GREAT acorn crop this year which will be awsome for my two favorite stand sites as one is in a patch of crab apple trees between a bedding area and stand of several huge white oaks. The other stand is on the opposite side of this on the edge of a golden rod field that meets up with these white oaks and there is a pond on the woodline as well. I took a few pictures of the field (couldn't get any pics of the deer) and a pic of the acorns on the big white oak) I'll post them later, now I'mgetting readyto do a little spotting.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muckland

Hey cap't im thinkin all of team #6 could come and pay you a visit and help thin some of those slobs down
Might have to if our team isnt producin! haha we MUST win!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, you guys have a team name yet?[8D]
Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Yeah, team "Half Racks" [8D]
Old 08-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Hey now. [8D] I have that copy righted and patented. You will have to pay me royalties.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Hey now. [8D] I have that copy righted and patented. You will have to pay me royalties.
Fine then team "Buzz Cuts"

Thats my patented name

No, but seriously we are team SBD - Silent But Deadly...i guess i could add that to the thread title [8D]
Old 08-28-2007, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, we are silent but deadly. Much better than you smelt it you dealt it.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:15 PM

Hey guys, just figured that I'd let ya'll know that I just had the BowTech out shooting. I started at 30 yards and shot 4 arrows at seperate dots on my target and slammed the bullseye with each shot. I then decided that I was gonna try to see what type of group I could get. First arrow was layed in perfectly, right at the top of the 1" bullseye. Second arrow smacks the bullseye dead center. Third arrow is off and then that sound we all have a love/hate relationship with, the sound of carbon cracking. My 7th shot today at 30 yards and I robinhooded. I'm not sure how many this brings me to, probablly around 20 or 25 in the past 4 years. Atleast I know my bow is on and I am ready for a P&Y to walk into range this year.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason, that is why I don't shoot groups anymore. When I bus up an ACC it really ticks me off. I know the bow will do the job if I do, so I save my arrows. Good to know that you're on and ready to go.

Any word from Ryanaller about the avatar?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Site Bouncer

I've been shooting often since the spring and I can't wait till Oct. 1st

I'm heading down to my families land this weekend (I think) to check on existing stands and put up additional ones if needed. It's a 5hr drive for me, way down to the southeastern most part of the state in Hardin Co Illinois (bout 10 miles from KY). I probably won't get back down to hunt it until the week before the gun season opens. I usually go down early and get some bow hunting in before the gun hunt. Then go back every so often throughout the season as time permits.

In the mean time I have spots up here in the northern part of the state to hunt (bow hunt only).

I'm way ready, the bow's shooting good, I'm feeling good.....just need to see some deer. I have no idea what to expect down south. Some years it's great for big buck activity others it's not. The property has a bit of everything from open fields to deep hollows and a couple of ponds as well as a creek that runs along two sides of it. We have a local farmergo in and cut down the fields (mostly wild hay) it helps keep the property looking nice and it tends to keep the deer in the thick timber. I always try to find their staging areas where they gather before they cross the open fields. It's mostly does that do this but come the rut, where there is does there will be bucks.

It doesn't take long to see where they enter and exit the fields (pretty consistent year after year for some reason) so I know where to start looking for them. Hopefully I'll see something I like.

Up here I've already seen some very nice bucks and I hope to get on one soon. I've found that they tend to go nocturnal sooner up north (by me)than down south. Not sure whybecause they are way more pressured down south as the land in right smack in the middle of the Shawnee National Forest (public hunting) and up here a couple of spotshas only mehunting them...go figure.

Well I need some sleep....later all.

Quick Reply: 6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.