HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201616-28-official-team-28-boiler-room-busters-thread.html)

Copper31 08-24-2007 10:14 AM

RE: 28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread

Coug, I am told that the buckwheat and rape is the way to go. The rape has many different kinds and some do better in different climates. I also asked about the Biologic Hotspot. I am told that you can't go wrong with it. I believe he said it was a blend of winter peas and buckwheat. He said the bio is a very good seed that should give you a better gerination %. Hope that helps.

Avalanche 08-24-2007 05:11 PM

Hope this pic is clear enough, this guy has some good width.

Avalanche 08-24-2007 05:13 PM

Here's another couple of nice bucks from this weeks pics:

Matt/TN 08-24-2007 07:12 PM

So HotSpot is the way to go? I need to find a way to get it somehow without having to order it. I seem to always like planting a few different things. Right nwo I have some Throw N Grow which has Teteraploid Ryegrass, A blend of forage clovers, and forage Rape. Then I have some Shot-Plot which is basically all brassicas, such as Rape. Any of you guys have access to HotSpot?

Matt/TN 08-24-2007 07:48 PM

It looks like we now havea problem.

If someone can get a hold of some HotSpot for me, PM me and maybe we can work somethig out and I'll send ya a money order.

graysonelement 08-25-2007 12:18 AM

yeah it yeilds great i love it

graysonelement 08-25-2007 12:44 AM

yeah its winter peas an buckwheat an a few other things ill check an tell you for sure but those are the main things i have deer come an stay on it for 2 or 3 hours at a time its great

24/7 hunter 08-25-2007 07:34 AM

Nice pics avalanche.
What are everyones plans and goals for this fal? My bow season opens Sept. 15, 3 weeks from today! Then I may be going to Wyoming to hunt muleys and maybe pronghorn, depending if my gramps can get off work. Bow season ends the first week in Jan. 08. My goal is to kill a deer with a traditional bow. I'm going to be hanging several stands this weekend too.

graysonelement 08-25-2007 11:56 PM

mine opens sept 29th an boy i cant wait

Copper31 08-27-2007 05:42 AM

I will be headed to SD for a mulie/wt hunt. I am hoping to get a nice one out there. Otherwise I am going to try and take a deer (any deer) with a recurve. I have not checked any of the cameras that I have on my prop. They have been out for a couple months. I wanted to get one more stand put up this past weekend but was to lazy and busy. Along with the above goals I will also try and get my boys who are 5,6 soon to be 7 in the woods. I had a good time last year with my oldest. I am not to sure if my other little guy is going to be able to sit still, but we will give it a try.