HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/201616-28-official-team-28-boiler-room-busters-thread.html)

graysonelement 08-24-2007 12:31 AM

RE: 28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread

Im checking in my name is Rickey from Denison,TX

graysonelement 08-24-2007 01:08 AM

A LITTLE ABOUT ME IM 20 I HUNT IN MY COUNTY ON ABOUT 250ACRES OF PRIVATELAND AND HAVE HUNTED IT SINCE I WAS 12 MY COUNTY IS BOW ONLY SO IT PRODUCES SOME GREAT150'' 180'' DEER I HAVE BEEN LUCKY THE PAST TWO YEAR AN TOOK A 147'' 14PT AN A 167'' 12PT I HAVENT SEEN MUCH THIS YEAR ALOT OF SMALL BUCKS AN TWOO GOOD BUCKS THAT WOULD GO IN THE 150S OR 160S ILL WAIT AN IM SURE TO PUT AT LEAST A 140'' ON THE GROUND GLAD TO BE A PART OF THE TEAM GUYS

Matt/TN 08-24-2007 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Copper31

I love to plant canola. High in protein. The beats are good late in the year in WI. You can never go wrong with clover(red). The deer never seem to leave it. Rape(sp) is good.

I have had my plot sinceMay and it has been a good producer. The beats were planted later though.

What about with not as much sunlight as a field?

Copper31 08-24-2007 05:44 AM

Coug,I know there are a few types that will thrive in the shade or heavy canopy. I have a buddy that sets me up with all my seed. He works for a co-op and knows his stuff. I will give him a call and find out what he thinks would be best. I had the conversation with him once and for the life of me I can't remember what he said.

Just on a personal level I have had good results with the red clover in the shaded areas. Now they weren't in the woods just on the north side of a tree line so they got a lot of shade.

Avalanche 08-24-2007 06:43 AM

ORIGINAL: graysonelement

Im checking in my name is Rickey from Denison,TX
Welcome aboard!

24/7 hunter 08-24-2007 08:03 AM

Yeah, welcome to the team Rickey. Sounds like youve got a good area to hunt;)

I took a ride last night and had to walk 200 yards to the soybean plot behind my uncles corn field. I was sneaking up to an irrigation pivot, when I noticed a nice doe only 30 yards from me. She saw me but decided to hang around for 15 minutes and was extremely nervous. Also in that field was another doe, a buck with 12" spikes, and 2 young 4 and 6 pointers. That is going to be a hotspot this season since that is pretty much the only food except for sweet corn which they are harvesting soon, and a small alfalfa field. It sure got me excited for bowhunting though.

Matt/TN 08-24-2007 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Copper31

Coug,I know there are a few types that will thrive in the shade or heavy canopy. I have a buddy that sets me up with all my seed. He works for a co-op and knows his stuff. I will give him a call and find out what he thinks would be best. I had the conversation with him once and for the life of me I can't remember what he said.

Just on a personal level I have had good results with the red clover in the shaded areas. Now they weren't in the woods just on the north side of a tree line so they got a lot of shade.

Yeah please find out if you could. I'd appreciate it.

graysonelement 08-24-2007 09:05 AM

i hunt in areas that dont get muck light an i use the Hotspot from biologic

Copper31 08-24-2007 09:10 AM

Hey gray do you happen to know the blend?

Matt/TN 08-24-2007 09:28 AM

Gray, how well does it preform? Does it yield quiet a bit