Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 29 - Official Team Reverse the Curse Thread >

29 - Official Team Reverse the Curse Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

29 - Official Team Reverse the Curse Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 29 - Official Team Reverse the Curse Thread

Very nice buck Matt. Was that buck taken in PA? If so you guys are doing a heck of a job with QMD cause that is a really nice buck. I couldn't help but notice his right eye what do you suppose happened to him? Sparring with another buck or maybe a stick. No matter what that is a really good buck for Team 29!!
Thanks!

No actually his eyeball was fine and looked like it was probably working fine with the exception of losing a little peripheral vision. He had those warty looking growths all around his eye socket/ eyelid area.
I have shot several deer over the years with them and most often I would find them on the neck or shoulder areas........this guy just happened to have them around his right eye.
I'll see if I got a better picture of them.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome buck Matt, Congrats!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

[8D]I think all you guys should give Matt much love......I think he was a ringer......you know because you guys need all that help with your team....all you being mostly from those states that hardly have any big deer like......illinois....kansas...iowa...etc.....wher e ever the rest are from......you guys suckcongrats on the slober knocker MAtt...
Old 10-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt! Way to go! With a recurve no less.
His right eye-your left eye. Coincidence?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had to call Matt with this news today -- twice, no less -- but I got a call today from the secretary at the local wildlife refuge whom I've befriended over the past year to let me know I was drawn for a special pre-rut hunt in the way-off-limits, extremely forbidden, if-we-catch-you-in-there-we're-throwing-you-UNDER-the-jail portion of the refuge.

They only have this hunt every couple years for bowhunters, and it's an EXTREMELY small group of hunters who get drawn for it.

I happened to be driving through the refuge today after I got the news (imagine that), and stopped in to see my friend, who also happened to give me permission to hunt her personal property as well. She told me she's been seeing a big buck regulary which had a rack "two and a half times the length of his head." I'm the only one who'll be hunting him... Hence, the second call to Matt today...

That's not to mention two more SWEET pieces of Illinois property I've got access to this year and will be taking Matt to when he gets here in November...

Yep, I agree Matt... I'm liking our chances!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

I had a great opening day! here's the story: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2355982
Old 10-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a great day, and a fun time! I always like dropping the hammer on an early-season doe to get some meat in the freezer and help rid myself of those early season jitters!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on that nice buck Matt! Special congrats for pokin him with that stickbow!!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

This weather is killing me!! I just can't get motivated to go sit when its in the 80's. I'm not going out again until wednesday, it's going to be in the low 60's during the day and low 40's at night. Bring on the COLD!!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

MATT, you have given your curse to me! look at my story in the bowhunting forums.... lol this is horrible!

Quick Reply: 29 - Official Team Reverse the Curse Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.