Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread! >

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Nice job Neighbor Mike!!! Bow hunting is a solo sport but I do like deer camp. Always lots of laughs even though half the guys start sleeping in the second day of the season.

I'm done on buck tags and also have two does down and although I have five doe tags left I am pretty much done. My second buck was a beast in my book and the MDFW guy said he was 6.5 and maybe 7.5 YO.

I am going to take my daughter out of school for opening morning of shotgun and she is shooting the youth 870 20g like a champ. She says she would like to kill a doe so I am all for it. My 16 YO boy has zero interest if he can't do it on the computor.

I will also sneak in a couple days of ML just for fun but my problem is I know I'm gonna see a bigger buck than I have taken so far this year and just NOT be able to shoot it.

A very pretty little piebald has shown herself a couple of times and I would whack her in a heartbeat. Her whole head is white and the rest of her has giant fawn spots. I would have popped her during archery but she is a smart old girl. She always brings up the rear and lets the others run blocker.

I don't think weare gonna win the contest but I hope you all have had a fun season as thats what it is all about.

Drop me an IM Mike. Maybe we can hit the woods together just for a Yuk Yuk...I know a place..............................
Old 11-22-2007, 08:06 AM

Well guys.....Just got back from Illinois... A great trip! BUT, I missed a nice 10pt on the last day...... So no points from that trip! The good news is the rut is just beginning here in MS and I have some awesome property to hunt... Hopefully I can pull through for the team!
Old 11-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry I havent been around much fella's.

Went away for a week to NH with my son for firearms & got skunked. Still trying for a buck here. I finally saw a nice 8 pointer this morning but he wasn't interested in my can call trying to bring him in. It was just light & he was trailing a hot doe I think. Oh well, next time eh?
Not a great season for me so far, one doe & a turkey.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

What the heck is going on here? I leave for a little while and the whole place closes up. Come on Lads don't give up now it only takes one second and everything changes,
Old 12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't given up yet guys ..... still trying just haven't had any luck so far.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finally 130 4/8 it was only the 5th buck and 18th deer I'veseen this year not counting the 41 dead ones I found,two in the 140's and one at 167 and I logged 212 hoursin the woods. Over 160dead deer where found on the public land I hunt.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the very nice buck grizz, sorry to hear about all the dead ones though. Is it that EHD or whatever?
Old 12-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats gri22ly

That is a mighty fine late season buck indeed , as for me ... I'm done I have too many personel family problems that suddenly came up.
This is the wrong time of year for all this crap to happen all at once but it's something that I have to deal with and it's not going to allow me to hunt any time soon , my season ends January 1st.
I'm sorry that I let the team down by not being able to tag or harvest one but thats the way things happen.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Grizz! Beautiful animal.
I'm still trrying. We have until the end of Jan & both Dec & Jan have been good to me in the past. I'd thought the rut was done since I been seeing groups of does again (took a fat one Monday) but then today it looked like maybe the second go rounds heating up.

Anyhow, I'm still out there & so far I put one on the board every year. Nuthing like Grizzes tho.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that RD. Don't worry about not getting one for us though, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Quick Reply: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.