Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus  Thread >

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:35 AM

Default RE: 31-Official team 31 Thread

South Carolina
Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

good luck, I wish I was going out this week
Old 08-13-2007, 09:10 AM

Thanks. I am going to take my camaera in case I don't get a chance toshoot anything except some photoes.I usually see several bucks, but you never know. There have been instances where the dog hunters ruin my chances. They aren't supposed to run them in this area, but that won't stop them if they decide to anyway.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:53 AM

hnt24.7 ready to let the hoyt talk
Old 08-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

good to see more guys showin up!! stick around and check in as often as possible! it isnt mandatory, but a "chatty" team is always nice...last year my team had over 100 pages of posts!! it was nice...we got to know eachother fairly well and had a good time...swappin stories, helping eachother out, rooting eachother on etc...good time.

manuman...thats an EARLY start for sure!! good luck!!

i dont start till September 29th....sept 15th starts an early doe season...i have one spot i might try to take a doe from during that early season. im not blowing any of my buck hunting spots for it though.

this is my second year...been hunting 9 years though. hopefully i can get one down this season. got a shot last season....but he was quicker than my arrow. i watched him duck it..he took it really high...lived to see another day.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mauser06

...last year my team had over 100 pages of posts!! it was nice...we got to know eachother fairly well and had a good time...swappin stories, helping eachother out, rooting eachother on etc...good time.

What's up bro don't forget to start the ball rolling on the wife/girlfriend slideshow lol! Allways a hit

Good luck team and sorry you got delt this guy he spends to much time in school and in studyand never hunts.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol how you been mantis! we just might have to start a wife/girlfriend showdown...last year we won hands down...and im still with mine

guys...he IS right...i am a college student...i can never tell how the years will go. this fall semester will HOPEFULLY go well. i got 4 liberal arts classes...should go smoothly..shouldnt have any major papers or projects...i do have a speech class...but hopefully i picked the right professor and its not bad. we will see. contest or not i love to hunt..out of anyone i personally know around here i spend by far more hours hunting...college is just a detail that sometimes interupts. and this year...unlike last, i will not be working...mantis might remember i worked 14-28hrs a weekend plus full time college....and STILL managed to hunt...thats dedication...BTW mantis...got me a 4.0 in the spring and STILL caught lots of trout and killed me a double bearded longbeard! just havin fun with ya bud...dont take this post the wrong way

but now my team knows the stories and will now know i like to write story books and call them posts!

wait till the day by day playbook starts...i think Germ liked it...he ALWAYS knew what i was doing...i may have to PM him the day by day playbook this year...

BTW mantis...nice avatar...i kept mine thus far as well...i aint changin it till team 31 comes up with one and they force me
Old 08-13-2007, 07:14 PM

I know what ya mean about posts. Last year I had a tough year--ruined by a parade of poachers. My Dad passed away 5 days before the season opened, so I was just a little off my game all year. This year is going to be different. I have been very busy in my company, but I won't letthat get in the way. I also have a family with 3 boys, and sometimes that wil get in teh way!I have a trip with Germ and company planned for Kentucky in Sept. I am heading to SC wed or thurs of this week--unless that business thing gets in teh way again[&:]I joined a club in NC, and I am already hunting in Bama, and I have some pretty good property near my home here in Ga. I saw a vey nice 10 last year the week before the poachers moved in on me--and I don't anticipate such a problem with them this year--seeing that I got 2 of 'em locked up last year[:@][:'(]I also hunt in S Ga when we go to see my in-laws--which is too often!I forgot to mention that a friend of mine is a major league baseball player, and he bought 3000 acres in Tn. He is going to manage it for some of his baseball/football friends, and he is letting me have some input on land development and management. I think I have talked him out of high fencing. He is debating placing red stag and fallow deer in there, which I have tried to get him to forget about and to let me place the food plots central to the property and to make it a big buck haven. He has heard stories of peopel sitting on propert lines--which they do--and is a little over protective right now.Hopefully he has turned the page, and will listen to me. We are going to begin by thinning some does, and maybeI can 'cull' a buck or 2 while I'm at it! I'll convince him that a 22" wide 10 point is bad for the gene pool!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

man, sorry to hear about your dad..that would stink...sounds like you got a good season planned this year!! awesome...looking forward to hearing about all the different hunts..one day i will hunt in a different state...im young..lots of time..and my future job aughta take me to some good hunting states...dad always told me if i have dreams to chase em...dont let anything stop me or get in the way. i got the brains to be a doctor or engineer or something that pays very well. i want to live a happy life. i want to enjoy my work. i dont wanna be stuck inside, behind a desk or something and work 80hr weeks all year...what did i decide?? Park and Rescource management..most likely going to become a LE ranger in a national park...or maybe work with US fish and wildlife..i may never be rich...but i will be happy and like my work. actually...i was an engineering major for a semester. just didnt like it. i could do it...just wasnt me...

fall is in the air. today felt 100% different. the breeze felt different, noticed alot of doves in flight while groundhog hunting...it'll be here soon enough...i cant wait...finally cooled off a bit too!

need to get my final scouting done and hang my 2 lock ons...the rest i will use my climber...got a couple properties i want to get permission on and scout too...i dont wanna make the rookie mistake of overhunting the same stands like i did last year
Old 08-14-2007, 05:18 AM

I go t a degree in education. The monday after I graduated the company I had worked for during teh summers asked me to come towork for them in an office(insurance underwriter) and after 8 months I told them I couldn't handle being couped up in an office with people blowing smoke in my face. so, yeah, I would always advise someone to work atsomething they can enjoy. You spend as much or more time at work as you do at home.
I hunt with climbers and remain pretty mobile duringthe season. It works since I usuallycontinue tosee deer in teh same areas--until poachers trespass onme that is !

Quick Reply: 31-Official Team Bowcephus Maximus Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.