Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread >

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Congrats on a fine buck, you worked for that one!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Chris, I check into the contest forum to see if I have to enter any. I was so pleased to see your name at the top of the contest page in the official score card.

Great buck, kinda got a "rob" characteristic...LOL broken brows, a fighter not unlike youself...lol

Great buck, congratulations.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:20 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Chris

Congrats on a great late season buck !! Great job on the recovery !! Your season sounded great with the turkeys, does and now this buck. Well done !!

Tim
Old 12-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Thanks Tony, I just posted it up this evening because I had to go out of town Tue.
I heard a deer comming (running) and seen a doe comming right at me. I knew she was eitherspooked or that a buck would be chaseing her. I was already standing because I hardly ever sit so I grabbed my bow and drawed. Sure enough a buck was on her tail and she came right into my set up and stopped at 10 yards. The hard part was already overbecause I drew before I even seen him. He came in at about 25 yards trying to heard up the doe. At 22 yards he turned broadside andI let the Rage 2 blade go. No pass thru and that is the first shot in many years that I didn't get a pass thru. I watched the bright red luminock glow as the buck ran off into the thick woods and disapear. It looked like a good hit but looked forward. I thought I would be safe and sat there for 2 1/2 hours before getting down. No blood at the shot site so I headed to where I last saw the luminock glow. I found blood, a good amount but not what I expected. Again this is the first deer I havnt seen fall or heard crash in many seasons. I trailed the blood for a hundred yards and knew I had a problem. It came to an open hay field so I scanned the field and saw nothing. I replayed the shot over in my head but it just wasn't adding up. No way could this buck be hit in the lungs like I thought and go this far. A bit reluctant,I decided to continue on with the trail across the hay field. The trail was heavy in spots and hard to follow in others. The deer was definantly walking. I'm getting very concerned as I get to the next patch of woodsover a half a mile from where I started the trail. Something is bad wrong but I knewthe deer had lost a bunch of blood and surely couldn't be much farther. I get about 50 yards into the next patch and see my luminock glowing with half my arrowin a huge pile of blood but no buck. Now in my head I'm cussing every SOB on HNI who was bragging up the Rage 2 blade. .I continue on and about 30 yards farther I see him piled
up. Well at the shot the buck must of turned into the arrow because he had a whole in his neck you could of put a baseball in. In the neck and down into his chest. I remember the doe running off to my right after the shot so I figure she must of tried to get away from him and he was going to chase after her all at the time of my release. It went into the neck anddown intothe right lung. The other half of my arrow was loosely laying inside the buck. A hour and a half of trailing and 3/4 of a mile away from shot site I recovered my buck. I can't blame the Rage because the shot turned bad without me realizing it. I do think that my cut on contact head would have went thru though. So there it is, a late season Kansas buck playing with a doe and about causing me a heart attack.
Wow Chris! Praise God you found him! I'm so glad for you...... awesome persistance!
Old 12-17-2007, 02:08 AM
Site Bouncer

Chris,

Way to go buddy!!! Congratulations on a fantastic deer!!

I know this was probably a pretty difficult year for you and through all of that you still had thewill and heart to give words of encouragement to others who also felt the loss of loved ones.

You have no idea how happy I am right now after reading about your success. It just goes to show that good things do happen to good people...and your one of the best!

Thanks again for all of your support and congratulations on a job well done!! You made my night!

John
Old 12-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Chris,
Way to stick with it, great recovery. I'm glad someone got to put some bone on the ground for our team.I guess I had to high of goals this year and passed to many bucks. I still have onethat made it through gun season, seen him the other nightI still have plenty of time left, so I haven't given up yet. anyway Congrads again.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Keep up the good fight Walleye and thank you guys for all the cool replys. Chris
Old 12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chris, good to hear you got one down, congrats man! Can't wait to see it, gonna have to wait till I get home though.. red x's here
Old 12-17-2007, 04:56 PM

great job on the buck. i havnt been around much lately mainly due to finals coming up this week. i hope to hunt a bug 8 that has been seen on my granpas farm that usually doesnt hold any deer but i hopefully will have a chance to get out in the woods. its gonna be cold but i hope the cut corn will provide the late season food source to draw them in. heres a question, what food do deer go to when there is a layer of icy snow on the ground?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow where have I been??????

A huge congrats to you Motown on a dandy buck!! I am glad to see you got one, the way you talked throughout the year it seemed like only a matter of time!! Way to go man!!

09mjl01 Another huge congrats to you onyour first deer as well!!!It is definantely a deer that will not be forgotten!!!!!

As for me I gotta a couple weeks of late season to try and get someting for the team, but we will see what happens?? Gd luck to the rest of ya guys!!!

Quick Reply: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.