Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread >

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

I went outThurs. night (tornados and gust to 45mph) went out Friday morning (wind gust up to 30) and went out Friday night (wind gust to 30) it's what I like to call tree rodeo. It was crazy, only seen one deer about 100 yards away, so just for kicks, I tried out my new Buck Growl, and it was like I had that deer on a leash...came right up there at about 30-33 yards...to bad he was only a 4pointer, but it was pretty cool to watch. That's the first deer to EVER fully commit to any kind of call I've ever used, I am impressed. Well starting next Wed. is my monthly week off (wish it were 1 week later) so I'll be hunting more.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Same here, Been lots of warm temps and wind the past week. I plan to really hit it hard starting this Thursday through next week.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out Bow Hunting this past sunday morning,weather was nice but we had a good breeze blowing so nothing was moving.I called it a day early in the morning because I had to go scouting on some other property where we are going to be Rifle Hunting for Deer in November.We walked a lot of ground sunday and found several nice trails.We drove down an old road and got out to check a Ridge line out and several large hollers that lead off from it when we found a very nice rub on a large cedar tree.I just hope that Buck is as big as the tree he was rubbing on!
Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys. Just checking in. Hope you are having some luck. This weekend should be really good here. I am going to put alot of time in the stand in. Good luck guys, we need team 20 on the board.
Chris
Old 10-25-2007, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Going out today and tomorrow in the afternoon ..... all day saturday ....... should be able to lay something down .... I'll be honest with you guys .... if that high 6 gives me another opportunity, I'm takin' him .... unless I see the big boy, of course ....
Old 10-25-2007, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you get that buck Tony. I'm trying to go out tomorrow but it's been raining nonstop here.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

I hope you get that buck Tony. I'm trying to go out tomorrow but it's been raining nonstop here.
Thanks Dave ....... I'm praying you get yourself a monster as well .... my brother just texted me a few minutes ago .... just stuck a buck ..... it better not be the one I'm hunting
Old 10-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you. Did you tell him if he did he just ruined the chances of your team winning?

I've spent this season learning my way around the place I'm hunting. So, I hut one place 2 times and then go to another area. until November that is. I have one good place that I found the first day that I'm going to start hunting soon.I stopped in there last week and there were a few fresh scrapes and tracks everywhere. Tomorrow would be a new area due to muzzleloader hunting restrictions. i hope they don't ruin my hot spot.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Thank you. Did you tell him if he did he just ruined the chances of your team winning?

I've spent this season learning my way around the place I'm hunting. So, I hut one place 2 times and then go to another area. until November that is. I have one good place that I found the first day that I'm going to start hunting soon.I stopped in there last week and there were a few fresh scrapes and tracks everywhere. Tomorrow would be a new area due to muzzleloader hunting restrictions. i hope they don't ruin my hot spot.
Well, it sounds like he shot the high six I passed up Saturday ...... Dave, I would HATE if they let muzzleloaders in my area this time of year [:@] they can't be used until gun season and 10 days after here .....
Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maryland and PA both allow them and it's ruined archery. In PA they first extended archery into november and then decided to add a week of inline muzzleloader. Plus a few days of youth rifle hunt(also for military and senior citizens)

Why not allow the use of a slug gun while they are at it.

Quick Reply: 20-Official Team Lung Lancers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.