Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

Contest Stickers

Old 07-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Contest Stickers

Hey guys - just thought I'd throw this out there...

For the Turkey Contest, Greg Goodrich (txjourneyman), Ryan Aller and I teamed up to design and mass-produce contest stickers for the '07 HNI turkey contest.

They were oval-cut (around the white line in the picture below). I think I paid around $39 for about 500 of them (4.25" oval, b/w). Ryan did the design, and Greg handled distribution.

We ordered them through www.stickerguy.com

They came out looking great, but we just didn't get "overwhelming" interest from the contestants. Obviously, the turkey contest isn't as popular as the Deer contest.

Just testing the waters here to see if anyone would be interested in doing something similar for the Big Show. The stickers are really nice - better quality than I expected, to be totally honest.

I won't be abletodo it again,but I'd gladly kick in some cash and help pay for the stickers if anyone wants to handle the ordering.

We'd need 3 volunteers: A financier, a distribution guy, and a designer.

Check their website for pricing (B&W is cheapest, but they do some AWESOME color customs too - but more $$$). They do dual colorred/blackreally cheap too.

To distribute (and this worked pretty well, I think) - anyone who wanted stickers just mailed a self-addressed, stamped return envelope to our distributor (greg) - and he stuffed the envelopes and dropped them back in the mailbox.

Here are a few of their custom-color, custom-cut bulk stickers. They're the most expensive, but the nicest.

Anybody interested in doing it, just shoot me a PM, and I'll tell you everything I know about it. We can also take up a little collection to help pay for it.

I just can't put any more hunting-related expenses on my card, or my wife will absolutely gut me.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Contest Stickers

You might run it by Justin. He might have some kinda connections for stickers.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think its a great idea!
Old 07-21-2007, 12:00 PM

good idea, ill take a few
Old 07-21-2007, 02:00 PM

Sounds like a good idea. . .I would be interested in getting one.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

yeah thats a good looking sticker, I think that would be a good idea
Old 07-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds good to me. i would be in for a couple, can never have to many stickers
Old 07-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd be happy to handle distribution again. its easy with the mail room here at the university. That reminds me Fran, I've got to mail out a couple today. Requests are still coming in on occasion. Most leftover stickers got sent to Justin. Let me know.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:21 AM

How much money we talkin'?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool Greg... That worked really well last time. Ballpark - how many requests do you think you received?

Manu - I bought them for the turkey contest (a few of the guys from the team pitched in with me) - and the basic black/white designs were $39. They have a pricelist at www.stickerguy.com

I figure if we got a few guys to chip in, we could buy some nicer ones - maybe a 2 color design or something. I'm good for $10.

Quick Reply: Contest Stickers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.