Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!
View Poll Results: A poll
More than one team going 10 for 10 / score deciding
8.82%
10 buck this year to win it
10.29%
9 bucks this year to win it
26.47%
8 bucks this year to win it
30.88%
7 bucks this year to win it
7.35%
The team that wins has less bucks but bigger bucks
16.18%
Some other whacked out scenario
0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

How many is it gonna take?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How many is it gonna take?

ORIGINAL: davidmil

It really doesn't matter. It's suppose to be fun. It's not a contest. Just my two cents worth. That said, it'll take a team with a couple folks from the midwest(you know... Iowa, Kansas or the such) on your team. One 180....or whatever you measure deer makes up for a lot of Florida kills.[8D] I predict Len in Maryland will lay down more pounds of meat than the winning team total.
dave I do not even think you are in the contest, so and I mean this with the best attentions.

Stay out

Here it is, I could give a flip what you or Len in Maryland does[:-] Shoot every damn deer in the county. I am here to have some fun and meet somefriends and compete. I like to compete, you do not and choose not to take part in the contest. I respect your right to do so. How many of us bug you to join? Do we make smart arse comments to you about not taking part in the contest?

Here is a word RESPECT go look it upTDWW would not be happy[:-]

Last time I checked you were an elder here, try acting like one
Old 07-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

Last year I recall a member of my team saying that team 17 would never win with those smaller bucks.Consistancy pays off.They don't need to be B&C bucks to win,just a quality team that can put meat in the freezer and bucks on the ground.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

8 out of 10 members on one team taking deer won it two years in a row and I think that's exceptional. I voted 8 again, the odds are against anything higher but honestly I hope it happens.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think we will be 10 for 10 this year.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Average hunter "success" in posting a buck for the contest runsaround 26%, a relatively consistent figure over the years. Given a contest with 50 or fewer teams, (and ignoring Team 17 from the point of discussion), it is unlikely thata teamof 10 bowhunters picked at random from the pool of contestants would post 9 or 10 bucks.If a team did post 10 bucks, I would suspect dishonesty. A statistical discussion of this is in my thread analyzing the 2006 contest...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2002676&mpage=1

It is almost certain that a team will post 6 kills. I think the winning team will most likely post 7bucks.

-fsh
Old 07-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's all fine and dandy Fshafly2 ..You did a great rap up with that stats last year. All that being said..I wanna hunt where you hunted last year and we'll screw up the whole curve !!!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I crunched the numbers and found that if I took the coefficienct of inches and divided by the number of bucks submitted per team for the top 5 teams from the last 4 years and averaged them taking the square root and multiplying by pie and then using my flux capacitor to come up with a number I get :

Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

All that being said..I wanna hunt where you hunted last year and we'll screw up the whole curve !!!
GR8
well, I hope to find myself on the same team withyou, Antlereater and Canuck, but that is not very likely.

Good luck to you,
-fsh
Old 07-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

I voted 8 even before I read all the posts. Part of my reasoning is after viewing the DVD I rcd. from Hazcon, I was somewhat surprised a few more were not reported. A few teams from last year only recorded one or two bucks.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say 8 again.

Quick Reply: How many is it gonna take?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.