HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bow poundage
Thread: bow poundage
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 10:24 AM
THWACK

Default RE: bow poundage

I shoot 53# and have shot 3 deer this year. I had a doe this year thought that turned as I shot and I hit her farther back than I wanted. She had been quartering and turned broadside a step as I released. I still thought I had a good hit in the lungs though. I was surprised when she moved off about 100 yards and stood for over 5 minutes then slowly walked away. I backed out and went back the next morning. I found the arrow. I had heavy blood and good penetration.no stomach matter. What I figure is that I hit a single lung on the back side. She was still slightly quartering but the angle was good after her step. I followed blood for 250 yards to the river. I expected to find her at anytime but the blood trail was spots. I grid searched to no avail and then figured she must have crossed the shallow river. I couldn't find where she came out the other side. I felt very uneasy at not retreiving her. I spent a second day grid searching the far side of the river. When you give your all to find the animal then you are OK by me but the uneasy feeling is still there no matter how hard you tried.

THWACK!