Team 11 checkin

Old 10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 11 checkin

We also need a team captain.... who is it gonna be?
Old 10-24-2006, 09:20 PM

Texas State DU

I am hunting in Central and South Texas where the mosters roam!!

I will be using my Remington 788 .308
Old 10-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

This doesn't count towards our team score, but I figured I'd share... I know he is not freak, but a very good buck for here.
I finally scored last night on my biggest Massachusetts bow kill. I have not had a chance to score him yet for the contest... but it won't be huge.
I went and sat a stand that I have not sat yet this year behind a big swamp near a lime quarry. There was one fresh scrape and a loaded apple tree. I was in the pines which were getting dark quick. At about 5:55pm I heard something in the pine needles up ahead. I caught a glimpse of an ear and just figured it was a doe... Then it went to the scrape... scraped it and hit the licking branch. I could only see a bit of horn at his base because he was facing mebehind a big pine w/ some openings in it.He stood there for about 10 min w/out moving. Then he came towards the pine and saw that he was a decent buck by Mass standards. He turned broadside but wouldn't come out from behind a clump of branches. He stood there for another 5 min and every time I thought he was going to step out, he would raise his nose and smell... The wind was swirling and I'm sure he smelled me becuase I came in on my quad. He looked like he was going to turn and walk away the way he came... so if found a softball size hole and let one fly... I hit him hard and the hit looked good. He was about 20 yards away... I heard him run... stop... and then I heard him crash. I pulled out (shaking like a leaf) and went back to my inlaws house and got 3 buddies to come in to help me track just in case. We had no problem finding him. I thought he was bigger in the excitement of the tree... a little ground shrinkage took place. Like I said, he is no freak, but the biggest buck I have ever taken in Mass.
Here is a pic in the woods and another where we found him in the brook 60 yards from my stand.

http://i13.tinypic.com/29en3f9.jpg

http://i14.tinypic.com/40mcnmd.jpg

Any guess on what he'll score?

As for captain... I am already captain of our bow contest team.... If nobody wants to step up, I'd be more than happy to, but I'd like to let someone else have the honor!

Old 10-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations man! as for score, i really cant help you - goto the boone and crocket website itll help. I am bad at judging whitetails! Last two years ive been in sask I shot two 130class bucks on the run, thinking they were 150+!

Mulies are another story - but again, congrats on your first bow kill!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]Hey, just checking in. I usually post quite frequently but my daughter was born on Oct 23 so I won't be on much for the next week or so.In most of the counties I hunt gun season doesn't start Until Nov. 18th (VA) but there are two counties I hunt open for rifle and shotgun so I will be trying to slip out sometime soon. I already killed a button buck with my rifle and basket racked 6 with my bow (probably around 60 inches) so I will probably be holding out for some horns from here on out (maybe). The button buck is considered antleless in VA and was tagged with an antlerless tag so I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter for this contest. I think the rules say you can enter first or second gun killed buck anyway. I' will check back with you folks a.s.a.p so until the be safe and Good Luck!!

[/align][/blockquote]
Old 10-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in....
I reside in British Columbia Can....
I've got a 4 day trip planned for this weekend.
I leave after work tonight....
Old 10-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck Jeff.
Agaucher, That 8 isn't my first bow kill, but my best... I've killed several smaller w/ the bow...
Leaving for Ontario 1 week from today w/ the 7mm mag... hopefully that will take care of my score! Mass Shotgun doesn't start until Nov. 27.

Old 10-29-2006, 05:48 PM

Little Magnum...checking in, I leave for Ontario Oct 30, be back Nov 7...last year I got 138 class See 2005 contest.....Good luck to all !
Old 10-30-2006, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

New... Congrats on your little girl!!! Is that your first? I have 2 little girls... one is 2.5 and the other is 3 months. My 2 best friends.... Can't imagine life w/out them.
Good luck!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Western. She is my first girl. I have two boys 12 and 5 and like you said they are my best friends and good hunting partners. She is precious and I am a very proud pop right about now. Here she is:

http://i14.tinypic.com/2qiab0p.jpg

Quick Reply: Team 11 checkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.