Community

Team 5 checkin

Old 11-05-2006, 08:05 PM

Default RE: Team 5 checkin

Wow Manson thats one hell of a buck you got there. Hopefully you can bag one that big or bigger during rifle season. Well i cooked up a bit of a logo and by all means if someone else wants to make one as well then we can vote on them. I just threw this one together. As for being the captain i would be honoured but i say lets see what a few of the others have to say as well before we come to any conclusions. Good Luck and be safe.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice bow kill yea I have a pic of me the deer and the gun the gun is a custom mauser in 6.5X55 that I built

Old 11-05-2006, 10:10 PM

renfrow, why on earth did you gut that deer like that??? don't think i've ever seen one split clear up to the neck to be field dressed. i usually only take mine to the rib cage and i can easily reach up in to cut out the heart and lungs. your method looks like it would collect alot of dirt on the meat dragging your deer out of the woods.........
Old 11-05-2006, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: jhalfhill

renfrow, why on earth did you gut that deer like that??? don't think i've ever seen one split clear up to the neck to be field dressed. i usually only take mine to the rib cage and i can easily reach up in to cut out the heart and lungs. your method looks like it would collect alot of dirt on the meat dragging your deer out of the woods.........
I gut my animals just like that too and i find it makes a huge difference in the gutting process. Instead of feeling around the upper area you split the brisket open and you can see what your doing which i find makes the process a WHOLE lot fast and easier. Plus i find it a habit cause when im gutting a moose instead of crawling up into the cavity to cut the esopahgus take a hatchet and cut the brisket and it makes it alot easier. Plus it doesnt collect much dirt cause the ribs close back up after also i know after i shot an animal i wash it after i skin it so who cares if it collects dirt its just gonna be cleaned off anyways.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Spike

Just don't do that if you get an animal you might consider having a shoulder mount done on or you'll be giving your taxidermist a nightmare, and probably end up having to find another cape. Its also not that hard to reach up and get the esophagus without cutting up through the ribcage, you'll just get a little more blood on yourself.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Spike

Here is my work for our team, if you have any suggestions with it let me know, I'm not sure how much I like it so let me know, I can change anything...

Old 11-06-2006, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just mount the horns so I make it as easy as I can.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:34 AM

Well im sold on Manson's name and logo for the team. Good Job
Old 11-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

lethal sounds good to me to lets go with it. have you heard from any of the rest of the team yet they don't seem to be around
Old 11-06-2006, 04:44 PM

I havent heard from anyone except for you me and Manson but i figure we should just go with Manson's Logo cause it seems like no one else is around plus i dont think anyone will have any complaints with the logo cause Manson did a bang up job on it.

Quick Reply: Team 5 checkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.