Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 37 -Team  "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread >

37 -Team "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

37 -Team "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 06:30 PM

Default RE: 37 - Team Official Thread

My vote is for jelen!

Hung a couple stands two weeks ago. Same farm as the past few years. Sign looked fairly good. Dry hard ground tough to get a handle on. Small rubs popped as they usually do around the first week of Sept. Did strike a couple that were the size of baseball bat handles. Acorn mast certainly isn't what it was last year.Which willwork to my advantage. Not that I don't like a good mast crop, but when the pickin's are slim, it makes it little easier to key in on where they're browsing before hitting the green fields. Guess the 135" buck I killed last October didn't realize that. lol We'll see how things unfold.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:50 PM

Fellas, quite honestly...I would love to be captain...it's kind of my nature but I didn't want to butt heads with anyone. I can kind of go nutz once I sink my teeth into something. Given that, you can be quite sure that I'm insane and a bit anal about my deer hunting. I'm a freak about stand placement, shooting lanes, approach, reproach, pattern changes, and behavior changes and my lack of involvement in any of it. The first time a monster sees me should be either his last or my last depending on the winner...and the reason I love this sport is that I'm barely batting .100!

REAPERS OF THE HARVEST....let's sharpen the steel and shed some blood! Good luck everyone!

wolfen68/jelen
Old 09-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I havnt been around guys. Probably wont be very often for a while.
Reapers of the Harvest sounds awesome. Finally have my bow dialed in but gotta refletch my arrows. Managed to booger up all my blazers. Also started getting passthroughs on my 2 month old bag target yesturday. Maybe I oughtta leave it alone and save all that pent up energy for the hunt.

You guys are lucky bein out already. I gotta wait till Dec. 16th... *eye twitching uncontrollably* The itch is startin to get to me! LOL

Good luck guys!

PS--> Those so inclined, please be a prayin for my job search. Still lookin.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:10 AM

Hey all,
Looks like we have a great team, great captain and a great name! I think this is going to be the winning team!

I have been doing alot of scouting of late. I have two new areas which from what people have been telling me have Big bucks. I have seen alot of does and I know where the does are hopefully the bucks will be close behind.

The Season starts 9/29/06!!! I am so pumped for my 1st archery season.

Good luck to you all and God bless!

Old 09-22-2006, 08:06 PM

Here is is little messing around that I did see what you all think.

Mark

Old 09-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like it!!!!!

well everyone i just wanted to let ya'll know within 6hrs i will be on stand for the first day of my 2006 bow season i just thought i would let ya'll know. it's a little late but i can't sleep!!!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 08:24 AM

great picture can we make that are avatar???
If so it has my vote!

Good luck Hunter06! Next week this time i will be in my stand!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 10:41 AM

Good luck Hunter06. Hope you score!
Old 09-23-2006, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: mblb679

Here is is little messing around that I did see what you all think.

Mark

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 07:25 PM

FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!

I'll take TWO!

Quick Reply: 37 -Team "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.