Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 1-Team "Rack Rangers" Official Thread >

1-Team "Rack Rangers" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

1-Team "Rack Rangers" Official Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 1-Team "Rack Rangers" Official Thread

I wish I hunted in a place where I felt I could pass a 125" buck. I'm going back out tonight after work but I'm gunning for a doe. I'm only allowed one a day so Friday evening is a good time to try for a doe. It will be cold tonight, in case I can't track right away, and I'll have Sat to butcher.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:49 AM

I've been seeing some nice deer on our farm lately... heard does bleating already on Friday and some of the smaller bucks seem to be getting interested...Good Luck to all

DeerHuntMO
Old 10-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not very happy right now. I got stranded last night and was had to find a ride home this afternoon. So anyways I didn't get home in time to hunt the stand I wanted to. I look out my kitchen window (I can see my stand from here) and 6 does come out 20 yards in front of it over the next 10 mintues. Right before dark to young 6 points came out and fought for about 5 minutes, then ran off and a few minutes later they came back out and went at it for another 5 mintues. Very interesting to see as I had not seen that before.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Friday night I had two does at 50 yards until dark. Saturday morning I saw nothing. Saturday night I had two does come down by my stand but it was too dark to shoot. Going back out tonight.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Busted by a doe going in last night. Saw some movement 60 yards away right at dark but it never came close.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys we need to start gettin some points on the board. I am strictly big buck hunting right now, and will be until the end of November. Things have not really gotten serious around here yet, but things will really pick up in a week and a half.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thought I had a doe coming to me on the ground at 15 yards and when she emerged from behind a bush "she" was a "he", a SMALL 4 point with about 3" main beam. I let him walk. I was doing some still hunting since rain had made the ground quiet and a steady wind was blowing. I got about 40 yards from a buck but couldn't get ahead of him in time to intercept his path. I'm going to try on National Forest land tomorrow evening and all day Saturday. I'm going to hike back in deep and see if I can find an undisturbed bruiser.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the deer is down and hanging on the meat tree. But she isnt sporting anything on her head. Got a doe on a food plot this afternoon...ran 40 yards and fell over. Go to Bowhunting for the story.

Going tomarrow to hang some more stands for the next few weeks and get this one butchered.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got close guys...but not quite close enough.

Had a 140 class buck at about 40 yards. He came out of the corn field I am set up on right at the end of the night. I actually sat in my tree way past hunting hours just not to spook him off.

Hopefully he will give me another, closer opportunity.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

That was a Cool story Illinois Buck Hunter.Must be nice 2 have some fresh back straps in the freezer. IL BOW MAN i hope you get that buck.Is there still alot of corn that need's 2 be cut i u guy's area?

Quick Reply: 1-Team "Rack Rangers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.