Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread >

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Congratulations ilovehunting!! I'm sure you'll get that buck now.

As for me, this season isn't starting off too great. I went out Saturday and found that one of my stands was stolen. The stand was still there approx 2 weeks ago, so I assume that the same person stole my camera that stole my stand. They were approx 400 yards apart. If there is a bright side to this story, I think I found out where the person came from. The stand was about 30 yards from an adjoining property line. So, I assume that someone was walking the other properties fenceline and spotted my stand and decided to help themselves to it. Then they must have walked the field edge the 400 yards till they spotted my feeding station. They must have went over to check it out and spotted my Game Cam and decided to help themselves to it as well. [:@]

Well I calledmy property owner and told him about both instances. My property owner is currentlycalling the adjoining property owner to see if he's leasing his property to anybody new this year and if so, who they are.He said he'd call me and let me know who it is and any other info he gets. I'mglad that my landowner is on myside and is really concerned about trespassers.It's really strange to me, becausewe've never had any problems the last threeyears and then all of a sudden a cameraand stand get stolen at the same time. My stand hung in that same tree all of last season without any problems. I doubt I catch them but I hope that with any help from the adjoining property owner I'll at least put a little fear of being caught in them, and maybe the other property owner won't lease to them anymore. Looks like I'll be posting that fenceline this weekend.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:40 PM

Anyone know when our avatar is going to be done?
Old 09-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Well I went out this afternoon after work to the public land I hunt and prepped one more tree for my climber before season opens Oct. 1st. I have several of my favorite areas that I hunt every year and then I also like to try some areas I'm not as familiar with. I picked the area I went to today because it shouldn't be alot of work to get a deer out. So this will be my doe stand. The other ''old reliable'' areas are deep in the woods and require alot of time and effort to remove a deer. Time and effort I don't mind using on a big buck. All the places I hunt are near doe bedding areas so when the rut kicks in the bigger bucks start showing up and this new area shouldn't be any different.I've been hunting this public land for 13 years now and even though I've had the opprotunity to hunt some private land I always end up back on the public ground. There are hiking trails and horse trails on the land but I just always see more deer there than anywhere else I've tried. Anyway I sure am looking forward to Oct 1st and it won't be long now.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:42 PM

i just contacted ryan again our avatar shouldnt be too much longer
Old 09-21-2006, 09:37 PM

Well, I see that someone already has meat for the freezerI am glad our temperature has dropped some, it looks like openning day here will be high of 81 and low of 55, not to bad for the beginning of bow season here. Went scouting the other day I saw 15. One buck at about 400 yds. but not a shooter, about a six or eight with a 10 inch spread. It was good to get the blood pumping though. I have been practicing some and was surprised that my set up is great out to 60 yds. and still good at 80 but they had better not move if I give it a shot at that distance it seems like they could jump the string at that distance. But it is still accurateat 80 yds. I just hope to get a chance at a good buck with it. Good luck to all!!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:20 PM

Sounds good, Go get em!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:08 AM

Food plot seeds are finally taking root, and already growing. Seen a buck track right behind my stand that was four fingers wide. Congrats on your doe.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:49 PM

anyone else no where to get an avatar made?????

sorry about not being here for a couple of days was busy with work and women, anyways only 4 more days for Tex season to start hopefully will be posting first day of season.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

Only 10 days left til the opener in VA. Should be a goodun. I'm taking a half a day today and go hang a couple of new stands in some prime spots. Good luck all.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:05 PM

Sounds good. Go have some fun and hopefully you will have a successfull opener.

Quick Reply: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.