Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread >

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

No deer today. I was out all day except for an hour.
They did not take the corn off at the spot I was hunting today. Saw some more scrapes and have my stand ready for the morning hunt.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been laid up with the flu for the past few days and now that I'm feeling better the weather is turning to crap. Mid to upper 80s are expected for the next few days. Maybe by the weekend it will be worth going again.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:04 PM

Sorry guys, it looks like I'm going to get a striped puddy cat for bow season. I haven't even seen a doe yet. Hope they start to move soon.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Down to the last two days of our early season. I am getting frustrated with the lack of big buck sightings. Only small ones and time is running out.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well its over here in Pa. until after christmas for archery. I did not get an oppurtunity at the bigger bucks I have on my trail cam.
As it always seems to happen, tonite on my way home from work I see a deer in the field outside the one woods I was hunting! Then after I back up to glass it, another one appears, bigger than the first. This may have been a shooter for me, it was not the biggest one I have seen here but may have been one of the best I would have taken with a bow.
The weather was terribly hot for the last few days of our season and in my spots deer were not moving much.
I hope the rest of the team has better luck.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take the bow when rifle season opens tkycaller, I think you have them pin pointed, the warm weather just shut them down.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:11 PM

Don't give up you will get one soon! I am still seeing my small eight pointer regularly and the once six pointer which is now three. He must have been hit by a car or something cause he walks a little weird and half his rack is broke off right at the base! I have a pic of the nice nine pointer at the end of October but have not seen him in person yet! All pics so far are night!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Well, after recovering from my depression of not gettingan 8 pointer I hit a few days earlier. (He lived, I'm sure of it.[:@])I got to draw on this little fella. I know he's puny, but my freezer needs steaks. Went to work at 1am, took some hours off and left early. Got tothe stand late, around 7amI grunted him in after only being on stand for 10 minutes. Made about a 15 yd shot, he went about 60 yds. After scoring he nets a whole 47 and change. Grosses a big 54 7/8. Still a nice sized deer. I had passed enough small ones, up to this point, and he'll taste delicious. Got the trail cam pic of him about a week earlier.

[/align][/align]My bro got this nice one a few days earlier... too bad he isn't on our team... 124 gross.[/align][/align][/align]
Old 11-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well that is awesome! The team needed that one as well as your freezer. Happy eating.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

DB---Nice job

Hey we'll take another 54pts right now....you are doing better than most of us. I was out yesterday, had high hopes. Didn't even see a deer
I haven't had squat for time to hunt so far this year, and I finally get a day to hunt both the morning and evening, and I get blanked.
I am heading to WV for the rifle opener next week to hunt most of the week. I'll have my 9yr old with me some of the week and he's pumped to get his first deer ever! I'm hoping it works out for him

After that week, I'll be back at it with my bow....mostly here at my house in VA. Hopefully I can connect...I still have till early Jan. We'll see.

Good luck guys...talk to you when I get back! Hopefully when I do get back...we'll have about 3 more kills on theboard

Quick Reply: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.