Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread >

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Hey all. I'm still here. They banned the site at work, and when I'm not there I'm hunting. So less time here.Nothing to show for it yet either. Saw a few small ones, a few close doe encounters,and had a weird buck with a nice 4 point side on oneand a big ol long spike on the other. I was gonna take just cause it looked neat, but I wasn't given a good shot. He was feeding on persimmons. (I posted a pic awhile back with whole grove of persimmons.) Guess I'll be back there soon. Seeing some turkey too, but again, no shots.Things will be heating up quickly here. Congrats to all of you who scored. Every one of em is great, does too. OH YEAH, and hogs too... squirrels, coyotes, moose, elk,... whatever you all get...
Old 10-24-2006, 01:28 PM

Thats a fine looking hog! With the way that neck looks was there a large blood trial? I went out yesterday before work and pulled my card. The nice bachelor group has been split up for a while though. I have a nice little eight pointer, a small six and this real nice nine pointer. It make me nervous though, because the last time I passed on smaller deer to get a nice one I was skunked! But will try and hold out for this nice guy and see what happens. Will be going out tomorrow after I take a nap when I get home from work.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah Hotburn, that neck pass through left a massive blood trail. Ray Charles could have tracked that sow the 100 yds she went. My Muzzy's are doing a great job this year! BTW, I want aHOG like the one in your pic![8D]
Old 10-25-2006, 11:25 PM

Went out tonight and seen three huge does with no fawns? Did not see any bucks. I have not heard of any guys in my area saying they are moving good yet either.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:54 AM

Heading out in the morning, I'll let you know how it turns out. Good looking hog Tx. See ya'll on Monday.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:02 AM

Well it was raining tonight but I could not resist and went to wal-mart on the way out and bought a tree stand umbrella for ten bucks. Iwas in the tree and put it up and would have to say it worked pretty good, at least I was dry! Any ways, I looked to my left behind me and seen a deer come out and was heading away from me across the field, to far away to tell if it was abuck or doe but since it was alone I assumed it was a buck. I let it go about half way out cause I wanted to see if it might head for dad but it looked like it was starting to turn and not go his way at all. So I picked up the horns and gave it a hard rattle since he was about three hundred yards away and was able to stop him. Helooked for a while and the started to move away again. Hit the horns once more, and again he stopped faced my direction and then turned back and started to walk away. Well I just went out and upgraded to the "great big can" call and pulled it out and turned it over two times and that boy turned around on a dime and started to trot and wag his tail as he came straight in! It was cool to see him come to my call. Well he made the corner of the corn field and was at twenty yards for about three minuets but he was the little six pointer that I have pics of so I let him pass. It was nice to watch him and the best part was that I was able to see a buck work a scrape close up. I did not even no it was there! Overall a good night!
Old 10-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw my first buck today! It was not a legal buck for me.
I just put my pack on and was about to start down and as always I look around one last time before I start to descend and there he is looking at me! He did not spook and continued towards me. I was frantically trying to get the pack off and get the camera out and that is when he figured something was not right and went the other way. I snapped one off but don't know if I got him. Hopefully this is the start of a lot more buck sightings.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:29 AM

I seen we were on the bottom of the page so I had to get us off it. Have you guys been getting out much? I have been getting out pretty regularly and you can read my stories in the CB forum under the "lets here your hunt today" post. I have passed on the little six several times and a nice little eight, which was hard to do. I hope to see the nice nine pointer soon!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been out every day! Just started seeing bucks this week.
The corn is coming off and they are coming back to the woods.
I also passed on a six point twice.
Thisis our last week for archery till after Christmas and I am on vacation all week. I have a good feeling about tommorrow morning!!!!

Old 11-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys

Nothing here yet. Passed a couple does this past weekend, and finally saw some bucks chasing. It should be starting to get really good this week where I live, Unfortunately my schedule will probably not allow me to get out but maybe 1 morning if that. [:@]

How's everyone else doing?

Quick Reply: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.