Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread >

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:28 AM

Default RE: Team 27 Official Thread

The season here in Oklahoma Starts October 1st. and runs until January 15th. With the 1st through 15th of January being antlerless only.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Pa it starts Sept. 30th I cannot wait, after missing most of last year I am ready!!!
If I shot a 140 class buck I would be posting it everywhere.
Of course I would have to tell the neighbors I shot it upstate somewhere...
Either way I hope we all score no matter what the numbers say. Unless it adds up less than Robs team then we lie!!!!!!!HEHEHEHHEEE
Old 09-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: tkycaller

Unless it adds up less than Robs team then we lie!!!!!!!HEHEHEHHEEE
Hey, don't think I don't have my eye on you wags!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:07 PM

Hey Rob, what do you know about what WVhunter said about people getting big bucks and then not posting them for their team?
Old 09-05-2006, 05:33 PM

Don't worry, if there is a little one out there he'll find me. I'm good with the mulies, but the Texas whitetailsare a whole different critter.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys...it's really no big deal. I wasn't saying that to cause a stir....it's over. No big deal.
I agree, if I had shot the one big one....I'd have been bragging like crazy about that one--it was a hoss of an 8pt, probably 145". The other one was a small 6pt, probably didn't score much, but it was points for the team. I guess my frustration was with the fact that they posted it on our team thread, but never took the time to "officially enter" the kills. We only ended up with 1 official kill I think. Not like we were in the running or anything, but it would have been nice to at least have gotten credit for what we did take.

Anyhow, last year is over---on to this year!

Who's seeing some good deer around? I've only seen a few med sized ones, nothing to brag about. But like I said, I haven't had much time lately. I know there is one GOOD one here near the house, if the road hunters didn't get him. My neighbor saw him last year, and he said it was a monster (which in my area means 110-120"). I found a really big rub behind my house late in the season, so I'm hoping he's still around!
I know there are also a few good ones in WV where I hunt, there always are. I just have to get some time to hunt there this year before gun season opens.

I don't have any pics....the trail cam was another thing that didn't happen for me this year. I had such great plans for this year....[&:]
I'm in the mortgage business, and have been real busy this year....and recently started a new business venture with that as well. So my time has been limited at best. Throw in coaching 2 baseball teams this summer, oh and helping my in-laws build a house.....LOL, time is a scarce commodity! But hey, its all good!

My daughter started kindergarten today, and she was too cute! She said "Daddy, I'm aBIG girl now!" Funny how the little things are important.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Well back after a week off. I got a few stands hung, and a plot planted. Shot a few doves. Price per oz of dove meat has to be on par with Kobe beef, when you miss a lot. Managed to shoot a few fish w/ the bow as well. Fun time off.

We start our season here in IL on Oct. 1. Close approaching. Woo Hoo... I shoot a Jennings Buckmaster, with thunderheads. Works for me. I do most of my hunting out of a tree, but have arrowed a couple from blinds. It has been a while since I shot a buck. I've been trying to hold out for a big one, but this year I think I'd settle for a decent one. I've passed on quite a few good deer.We can shoot 2 here in IL. I know the 1st one is the only one that can be scored.

One more stand to hang this week, and I'll be ready. Keep on shootin guys.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: DUMB BASS

Well back after a week off. I got a few stands hung, and a plot planted. Shot a few doves. Price per oz of dove meat has to be on par with Kobe beef, when you miss a lot. Managed to shoot a few fish w/ the bow as well. Fun time off.
You got that right! It gets expensize when you shoot like I do for the little half dollar size pieces of meat!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:40 AM

Do any of you mothers hunt from the ground? Do you just sit at the bottom of a tree, or behind some brush or something? What scent blockers do you use, and how often do you re-apply?

Also can any of you suggest an affordable treestand for a BIG dude? I'm 6'-2" 340lbs.....

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2006, 07:27 AM

well before I got into stand hunting I would just try and find some cover to help me out on the ground. I would find a nice tree to sit at, then put some branches behind me and some in front of me to help hide me a bit. But I will admit I did shoot my first eight point sitting on the ground at the end of a tree line with my legs extended into a harvested wheat field. No cover at all just a little stump for my back. I blew the bleat call and that horny dude walked fifteen yards to me and then just stoped and started to look. And I had blue jeans and a flannel shirt on! Sounds like you need a sturdy stand, Have you looked into any ground blinds?

Quick Reply: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.