Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Great.

I'm outta the woods for 12 days and things are turning better.

Awesome.

Hooray.

Jeff
But your out of the woods in Cancun, MX looking at bikini's, especially one in particular, tell her I said that, and have a buck tag filled, I don't think you'll get any simpathy from me.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

SB have a good safe trip.....we want pics!!you get pics of the "does" for us...we will get pics of our bucks before your return!

rob..weather is definently going to make a drastic change. i am really hoping it works out for the best. alls i know is im ready to let my first arrow fly..id like a buck but i think i may break down and take some meat. just for the point the bucks will start moving alot better here SOON...i dont wanna be shootin does and wondering if there was a buck behind them.

cant wait to hunt my scrape...with any luck i think that buck might as well put my tag in his ear now if i dont take one this weekend at home. according to germs scrape post i should have him pretty nailed...and the dripper is just going to help. i wish i could be there when he first got a whiff of that and went to the scrape. man i bet he was jacked. im going to buy a bottle of buck urine to dribble in there just to make him mad when im there. theres already buck urine in "active scrape" but hes got a couple scrapes within shooting range of me. ill put it in another scrape. then later some pure doe esterous in another scrape. i hope hes the buck from last year..he should be nice..
Old 10-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Had a good night, could have tagged out. I saw my little pet button buck, I can usually count on him to show. He's all alone and stays tight to the CRP/Food plot field. While watching him I heard a noise, looked right and a 6 point popped out of some brush usually used as a bedding area. He walks freely by me at 21 yards, could have, didn't want to. This next week should prove interesting.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

always nice to see deer..exspecially a legal deer in range. im guessing a small 6 since you didnt shoot? i know you still have your sights on the big boy...any word on him?? this week should be a good one..i think im more excited for this coming fri-wed then i was opening day. wait till the last 2 weeks...if im still hunting my hopes are going to be sky high..i hope im not let down...i definently put in the time scouting and hunting and have 3 GOOD spots..all i need is lady luck on my side..im not even picky..legal and he better RUN..but not till my arrow zips through him!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Mauser.....You score a buck....and I PROMISE you some doe pictures...lol.

Rob......we travel with our friends from Canada.....and my buddy's wife (who will turn 40, next Tuesday) is a complete little knockout in her own right. Mix those two with the regular bevvy of Cancun hotties......and I'm just hoping to not get whiplash.

My wife's a knockout....and she knows I love her.....but I told her this a long time ago:

"Honey....I might be chained to the porch.....but that don't mean I can't bark when the other dogs go by"

She understands.....and life is good.....lol.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I have not been checkin' in to often fellas.. I've been suffering through a terrible cold this last week and it's kept me out of the woods. And it takes alot to keep me out of the woods!

I am just waiting on the weather to turn for the worse, then I'll hit it hard. It's only October 12th, the fun stuff is still a couple weeks away. I'll be in stand all weekend following this cold front!

Good luck gentlemen, see you on the scorecard
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rob sounds like a great night!!

Well my wife saw me frowning at the weather report, knowing Saturday is a wash. She looked at me and said go hunting Friday morning, I love that woman.

So I should be in the tree on the 13th in the morning, I will also hunt Saturday Evening and All day Sunday. They weather looks great!!!

Now if we can keep people alive in our families for more then12 days the rest of the season should go easier.

My wife wrote the Eulogy for her grandmother, it is very good; I am indeed a lucky man!!

Old 10-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

duke...hope the cold goes away..them things are nasty and going around campus like wildfire..i been drinking juice at every meal and sucking vitamin C drops and washing my hands ALOT..trying not to get it...

SB...while your gone i will be working on my half of the bargin hard! fall break mon and tues. plus tomarrow..sat after work..wed before 5. i got a very good feeling about these next couple of days..weathers right(bit windy but i can live with that..still something to blame) and the moon is gone..cant wait..going to be on stand most of the day tomarrow. woods in the morning..orchard in the evening. hope to ATLEAST fill a doe tag or 2 this week...made up my mind i rather get bowkills under the belt and meat in the freezer and hunt antlers during the rut instead of possibly going with an emtpy freezer..

ghemry...good luck! you got a GREAT wife..

tomarrows friday the 13th.....hmmmmma friday the 13th buck would be pretty awesome....
Old 10-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

No skeeters tonight. It got downright chilly as the sun went down, I loved it. The wind was howling and I almost thought about turning around half way to the stand but thought to myself all the times I've seen good bucks in weather like this and my feet kept walking toward the stand when my head was home on the couch..lol The biggest buck I was trying to hunt a couple years back was coming to my grunt call in this kind of howling wind until a scrub buck stepped out and the big boy turned and walked to and away with him.

Well I didn't see any antlers but 4 fawns were running, kicking chasing and playing around my stand. I stood and smiled at em...it's good to have deer by the stand you could have even if you don't want to...
Old 10-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

atleast ya seen some deer rob..nothing can beat time in a stand..seeing deer is icing on the cake. shooters or not.

just checked the weather...tomarrow should be a good day..hopefully. high of 49..sunny. a little windy but shouldnt be gale force..heading to the spot i got kicked out of the first morning. i hunted it a couple evenings but never a morning yet. then to switch things up even more..i think ill head to the orchard for the evening. i only hunted that one morning. just havent had the chance to get back there..i have a feeling itll bea GOOD evening stand..we will see...sat after work ill hunt where i am tomarrow morning. then monday morning ill hunt the orchard, then the woods. just keep switching it up..try to be at the right spot at the right time. tues morning ill hunt around here then head to school and hunt my scrape tues evening and wed morning. im excited. hoping atleast some meat..but id love some bone..all my gear is ready and scent free..now to get some sleep..already running slim from last night

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.