Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 7- Team "Dead Balls" Official Thread >

7- Team "Dead Balls" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

7- Team "Dead Balls" Official Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:10 AM

Default 7- Team "Dead Balls" Official Thread

Team 7

Alt. Exocet77
18. Fieldmouse Checked In
128. 2dog Checked In
299. Vogt_51 Checked In
168. Rackluster Checked In
273. gtx106 Checked In
143. mahoningbuckChecked In
196. WhitBri Checked In
53. trytan74 Checked In
246. t3 Checked In

Add in a little about yourself, location, years of hunting..

Im from southwest MO, been bowhunting for about 4 years now..

Last year I shot a 8 point that went 96 inches for team 33, hope to do better this year!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 7- Team Official Thread

Hello
I live in Ohio and hunt Ohio, WV, and PA and I been hunting for about 25 yrs now. Last yr I shot 4 bucks total the best being a 13pt netting 128. With this contest I got to focus on PA and OHio more in early season instead of WV where I normally shot legal it is dead. Got 2 nice bucks in my focus right now 1 in Ohio and 1 in PA. The ohio buck will score around 140 and I am not sure of the PA buck only got a fast look at him 1 evening but from what my aunt and cousin tell me he is a 12 pt with a drop tine on each side. Hopefully I will have a pic of him come thursday whenI go down to check the Cuddy. I am also planning on doing alot of videoing this season and with alittle goodluck I can get a few doe kills on them.

Lets win it all
Trytan
Old 08-21-2006, 02:54 PM

I forgot to add that if anyone had any ideas for a team name to post them up!

I'll be hunting a little bit of Kansas this year, mostly public ground though. Here in MO I have 4 bucks roaming on the land I hunt, 2 8's that should go 120's, 1 9 that will be about 130's hopefully, and the same 10 I couldnt get a shot at last year that will be about 130's also.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello, this is my 10th year bowhunting. I live and hunt in central minnesota about half hour NW of the twin cities. Last year ended my streak of 7 years in a row getting a deer with bow. I didn't even really realize it until the season was over, had I noticed I might have hunted more in Nov/Dec . I did get an 8 pointer during gun season. I have a 3 year string of getting 8 pointers, that I would like to break with a nice 10! I'm really short on trail cam pics of bucks this year. only have one pick with antlers in it [:@], but it's 3 good bucks in the pic.

Can't wait for the season to start (only about 3 weeks away)!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a few name possibles

1)Get-R-Down
2)Heart attack
3)Lung Slammers
4)Down-N-Dirty
5)Team Drop em
6)Heart Stoppers
7)Pass Thru

Just some examples.
I know the feelings about not getting bucks on cam I went and checked my pa cam last week and had 138 pics and a ton of video and not 1 buck. Tons of does and fawns at all times of the day.

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/Trytan/Cam%20pics/

If anyone is intrested in checking out some doe and fawn pics/video

Trytan
Old 08-21-2006, 05:14 PM

At least you all are getting pictures!! I set up my camera last Wednesday and checked it Saturday. It was set on a good trail near where I set my stand last year. Well, needless to say, I didnt get a singe picture! I know the deer are there, just not sure why they wont pose for me! haha
Old 08-21-2006, 05:21 PM

Also, I think Pass Thru was used last year if it matters to anyone.

First couple things that came to mind was something with lucky 7 or in that area.

Should we send pm's to the other teammates?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Let's get it on!!!!!!!!

Guy's I'm ready. I live in NC now and travel the states. I've been hunting for 20+ years and bow only for most of them. I prefere to hunt in Md mostly on golf courses and people's back yards. I won't have much time so I'll be limiting my hunting to a few spots this year with a few wild cards. I'm out after deer in the 150+ class and last year never got one glimse of a single bruiser. That was very unusual considering the places I hunt. I guess I had other things on my mind.

I feel real good this year though. I just got my bow back from the factory where I had it completely tore down, refitted and updated. Now if I could only find time to tune it up.

Aces up my sleeve are the deer we're finally seeing in my neighborhood. I saw two of them last night and they were at least the 10 pointers. My neighbor has been seeing a group of big bucks in my yard, his yard and across the street. They consist of 2 - 12's, 2 - 10's and 2 - 8's. The ones I finally saw last night where about 20" spread and real high racks. I will hunt them but not too seriously. I happy to finally see quality bucks in my own neighborhood. I will allow another team mate to hunt them if they need to put something on the board.

Other then that let's put some points on the board. Let's do it early and often!!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:45 PM

Bumpin our topic..almost landed on the 2nd page, lets get checked in!!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

fieldmouse - me me me! hehe. I'll take out one of your 12 pointer pets for you. that's my specialty!I spend most my time hunting a couple hundred yards from my inlaws house. You can see one of my stands frominside their house (shot my first bowbuck there) Mother in law is always telling me not to shoot the local fawns. she'd kill me!

Quick Reply: 7- Team "Dead Balls" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.