Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 7- Team "Dead Balls" Official Thread >

7- Team "Dead Balls" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

7- Team "Dead Balls" Official Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:43 PM

Default RE: 7- Team Official Thread

Thanks ghemry.

I have been out in the woods the past 2 nights with a little luck. Last night I Hunted the same place I saw the 12 does and saw 19 does total and rattled in a small 4 point. prolly wouldnt have scored 30 inches. I went out tonight to a new place that a friend of mine owns, 900 acres and I didnt see anything where i was set up at. Ill be going back to the same stand I have seen all the does in all day thursday to hopefully get a better buck in shooting range.

3 years ago I set out a salt lick at the stand where I have been seeing the does, and with no exageration the deer have made a hole that is about 2 1/2 feet deep. The doe I shot had its front legs down in the hole to give me a good stretched out vital shot broadside at 22 yards! She was the farthest that has ran so far with the slick tricks only going about 60 yards to crash!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've gone out 11 straight times without seeing a deer from the stand. it's been since 9/23 since i saw a deer for more then half a second from the stand. the october lull is killing me. if i can sneak out of work early i'm going to try it again tonight. even when i don't see deer i have fun.

i'm getting close to buying some hunting land. i'll probably make an offer on some Friday. that's how sick i am of hunting public land! I've shot 2 of my best 4 bucks on hunting land but never during bow season!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Well guys, I don't have much to report back from my first hunt I'll claim this year. I was deep in the woods in the petting zoo seeing how it was back there. The front part where I was hunting had a tornado tear through and took a lot of trees down. I saw one horse back rider, and heard a few hikers off and own. It's still very early in the season. Leaves on the trees. Deer have plenty to eat. No need to move around too much.The one thing I did see was one of the biggest tracks if not thee biggest tracks ever in my life. It was made this morning sometime and close to the size of my palm. He had to be huge. When I left, I swung by the field to see what was out there and there was about a dozen or so grazing.

I'm going out again in the morning to see how it looks then. I need to get my bearings set for Nov. when the rut comes around. The good news is that my boss has said I need to be in Baltimore all week long the beginning of the month. Darn, I hate when they set me up like this.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Fieldmouse
I was out hunting in my ground blind earlyer this morning and one of your cousins just walk in , it was a little tiny mole with a very long nose so it reminded me of you.
No offence intended just messing with ya and NO I didn't check to see if it had num nuts , in fact I dont think they have any balls at all
Old 10-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah, but you didn't shoot his a$$ because your not that good of a shot!

We only want the hunters who are Dead Balls Accurate!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

hey guys, just checking in.

I have been having some boring mornings out in the stand. I usually will scare something up on the way to the stand, then sit in the stand for hours and not see a thing. I have seen a couple does and fawns, but no bucks while in the stand. So when I was out today for pretty much the same old thing, I decided to check my camera of my "morning stand". Basically, what I found out is that I should be in that stand in the afternoon, it seemed like it had the most movement, especially by bucks. However, I did find one pic that intrigued me, a couple decent bucks right in front of my stand during daylight. I will more then likely be out there this afternoon.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh .... I'm pretty accurate even at forty yards I can put four arrows in a size of quarter but my question is " how did you get on the team " other than having NUM NUTS.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Grandpa, your getting old and slow. That's what happens when you retire. It took you almost 24 hours to come back with something. Next thing to go is your memory. You better go get your arrows right after you shoot because you just may not remember where your target is after 5 mins.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Well went back out this morning in the same spot. Right behind a school. Thought I'd be able to school a big buck there but no buck showed. Just a bunch of does. I think that's going to be where I get my big one this year. Can't wait until all of the leaves drop and the rut begins. My next trip will be in a few weeks and I hope every week through Thanksgiving.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Beleave or not , I don't stay on the computer 24 / 7 like some mouse waiting for chesse .

Quick Reply: 7- Team "Dead Balls" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.