Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 15- Team "Death from Above" Official Thread >

15- Team "Death from Above" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

15- Team "Death from Above" Official Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:42 PM

Default RE: 15- Team Official Thread

and this one all on public land

Old 08-24-2006, 04:52 PM

as for names huntn addicts,mountm up,head hunters,modern paleos,rack them up ,wid-doe makers inc.,any buddy else
Old 08-24-2006, 08:26 PM

I wish I could be seeing some deer like that,only see them spotting but that is very few, because I should buy me a trail cam. As for deer in my area I bout have to bag any bucks before shotgun or youth season. Last year a nice 150" class 10 point came off my uncle's ground during bow. But what hurts my area are people that push and hunt ground that they dont understand that they cant hunt on. There were also two 8 points also taken off my uncles ground. But my hopes arent dashed yet there was a big 6 I missed during youth gun season and also a myth about a monster that has not been taken down yet but rarely seen, my guess is he is in upper 170s class cause he has lasted two years of alot of pressure.
Also I give a +1 for head hunters.
_Righty_
Old 08-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Here are a couple suggestions for names. Freezer Fillers or Boobs in a tree. The second one is from some of my coworkers "Who wants to sit in a tree for hours on end looking at nothing?"

We also need to pick a captain.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:52 AM

I like the names suggested already (espeically the wid-doe makers, head hunters, and blood trail). boobs in a tree is pretty funny too. One of my co-workers suggested "Straight Arrows". Another suggestion is DOA - Dead on Arrivial. I'm not sure if anyone had it last year but "Silent Assassins" sounds good.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome guys.
Dayna... Looks like you are going to be on some slammers! I hunted IL a couple of years ago and saw some real brutes... But no shots offered. Would like to go back, but w/ a different outfitter. Between there & Ohio, you should have the opportunity at some fine animals. PA too!

Leverdude. Great to see you again. Was thinking of you the other day while shooting my Marlin 30/30. Great fun gun. Did you take that buck w/ the bow last year in CT? I can't remember. I don't think I'm going to hunt CT this year. Not too much time with the new kid and all. I may be the Boob in the Tree this year!

Heading to Ontario this year.... Shame on me guys... with the rifle. No big bow hunts this year. Hopefully I can connect on something decent in MA or NY w/ the bow. Probably won't be P&Y though!

Anybody want the role of captain? Any suggestions... I will take the role unless anyone really would rather it.
I'm not picky on names... Let's get several together and then vote on them.
We've got to come up w/ something original.. everyone uses "passthough", "tall tines", "nontypical", etc...

How about GutShot?
Let's get some more names thrown out.

Old 08-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Team Shish Kabob!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

You started the thread and I was going to nominate you any way for the captain slot.

as far as a name I would like to go against the grain that is why I thought about Boobs In A Tree. I also thought about Team Gunshot. You know Just to be different. Also If you cannot laugh at your self then I do not want to be around you.

One last thing Hunting is supposed to be fun, so lets make it that way and have a great time on here. In the Woods too.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:53 PM

I no not want captain ,I can't spell or type but when I'm near a computer I have to check this site , theres to much to look at and a lot to learn,I like head hunters it's on the plate on the front of my truck.the trusses for my game room just got droped off that will keep me ocupied for a week or so .looking forward to gathering the decore [more heads]to cover the walls.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:16 AM

Ok fellas.....I, for one, am not excited about BOOBS in a tree....sorry. HAHA Western MA, you have my vote for captain and as far as names for the team go, I think you guys have come up with some good ones....I'll throw some out there in a minute. Need to think a bit. We leave this coming Wednesday for Ontario. I booked a bear hunt for my husband and I with our bows. We won't be back until Sept. 12th and our deer season opens Sept 15th, so it may be a bit before I check back in.
OK....here's a few name suggestions....TAKADO, UPATREE, TAG OUT (although, that is my husbands name on this forum it might make a good team name), FINE TUNE, JUST HUNT. If I come up with anymore, I'll post them. Sorry WMA, I'm not fond of Gutshot.....that is something I always try NOT to do. More later. Diann

Quick Reply: 15- Team "Death from Above" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.