Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 15- Team "Death from Above" Official Thread >

15- Team "Death from Above" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

15- Team "Death from Above" Official Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 15- Team Official Thread

Western MA this is your "fame face" this year!
Old 09-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 15- Team Official Thread

Meant Game Face...
Sorry everyone...

Old 09-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 15- Team "Death from Above" Official Thread

Hi ya'all
Can someone from your team please reply to the ( Who's your team captian ) thread in this forum and let me know who he is.

Thank you
Old 09-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys, my first 2 days are gone. No hunting in CT on sundays.
went out yesterday afternoon, this morning & this afternoon. Saw a doe & 2 fawns yesterday & a coyote but theyre all still alive. Woulda shot the coyote if he stopped but he never broke stride going by my blind twice.
Then this afternoon I went in about 4. Its the first time in the stand since I put it up a month ago & I was screwing in a hook for my stuff when I saw some movement. There were 5 deer wandering around. Looked to be 2 does & 3 younguns but they never really came out into the open. I believe trhey heard me fartin around but couldn't find me. They just kinda melted into the woods after a bit. Sucks! I was gonna go back after lunch but my wife corraled me into a bunch of yard work. [:'(]

I'm done till Thursday because the wife works Mon, Tues & Wed nights. Give them time to forget about me anyway.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya atleast you seen deer. I never seen a deer all day. This morning i seen a bear and tonight i seen the same bear again. That must be the reason why no deer are coming in. Good luck to ya'll
Old 09-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

At least you guys can hunt. I have to keep waiting and waiting.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

When does your season start medic? I seen my first deer of the season this morning! It was a tall 3 pointer. I was about to shoot it because it would be my first with a bow but i decided to let him go since theres bigger in the area. It's going to be one hek of a buck in a couple years!
Old 09-17-2006, 10:15 PM

I have a hard time passing up a personal world record,good luck to you.You are putting your self in a position for goodluck.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you guys had some good first days afield. I did some scouting over the weekend. My buddy scored opening night on a nice 9 point in CT. Nice "crab claw" on the left side. I took some pics and will post one when I get them develeped. Got me all fired up. His partner shot a nice doe the same night too.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 AM

Well, I connected this weekend. Shot my first doe with a bow (I never usually shoot does, but I needed to earn my buck tag.

Opening morning it was rainging so I went back to bed for a half hour and went out late. Sat in the rain for a couple of hours and didn't see anything but squirrels. Was in the stand about 1.5 hours in the afternoon and her she comes. I was at full draw for like 2 minutes and she never gave me the shot. I let the bow off and a squirrel scares her. She move and give me the shot. She went about 50-60 yards. She was exactly 100 pounds dressed.

Saw a 2 does on Sunday afternoon too along with about 20 turkeys.

Quick Reply: 15- Team "Death from Above" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.